How to ask him...?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to ask him...?

Me and my SO were together around 3 months and then I had to leave. He is coming to visit me this summer and will try to stay for three months and want to get to know my family and friends. Well after he goes back the question will be what we are going to do next. I will finish my studies not this but next summer and then I will have to wait about half a year to start working 1 1/2 to graduate completely (it's a complicated system of studying where I live). In this half year I could come and visit him and stay for a few months go back again and complete my studies. This would mean that we will have another two years of not seeing eachother and LDR. Moreover I will be 27 when I actually can work in my profession. If we then decide to close the distance I would not be able transfer all my credits and would have to study 1-2 more years not to mention the time till I get my permanent resident card. So I can say that I will be around 30 when I can start to work there. Ha but I would also like to have children before I get 30..
    The other option is that I move to him for one year instead a half and see how things work out between us.. I would prefer this, but how to tell him this? I don't want to push him or that he might thing that he has to merry me..you know what I mean? How can I ask him or tell him that I want to take the next step?

Firstly, don't put importance on an age, life doesn't work that way and you should realize that there will be bumps in the road that will either push your goals forward of further back.

If you want to move there, just tell him that you're not trying to pressure him, but in a LDR there are only certain opportunities when it's possible to make a location change and you were thinking maybe you would move there and discuss it with him.

Honestly, my boyfriend and I talked about moving in together well before probably either of us were really ready, but we had to do it. My boyfriend and I have a time limit on our relationship, as in, we were only willing to be long distance for a certain amount of time before we either move to each other, or end the relationship. Both of us are in a position to make this change, however in order to do so, we had to plan and in order to do that we had to talk about it before most people would probably talk about it. It did put a lot of pressure on both of us, but the pressure had nothing to do marriage and everything just to do with our own fears in the relationship.

Comment

yeah I thought that it would be too early to move together.. I mean this would be easier if we would live in the same country,but we live on different continents.. and I can also just stay 6 months legaly.. then have to go away at least one day and then I could come back.. but I need money,so I would need to find a job there, but therefore I need a work permit..
      I am just afraid that he will say that we should wait.. but I mean I don't want to move when I'm 27 and have a good job where I'm living- this would be too much to give up..

Comment

Just a general question what are you studying that is taking that long? Things always workout open communication is the best communication.

Comment

haha studying education (I'll become a secondary school teacher)..I have to study about 8 semesters then have an big exam and then work 1,5 years at a school with another exam and then finally become an official teacher..

Comment

Working...
          X