Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Choosing our bed, an important step toward a future together!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Choosing our bed, an important step toward a future together!

For those who still don’t know my story, I’m Italian and I’m moving to Germany to live with my SO soon (in 8 days actually). We met in August ‘10 in Utah, studying at
    the UofU as international students. After that year abroad we came back to Europe and we visited several times. I found a job in his country, and I’m starting an intensive German class soon.

Ok, this was a bit the background. Now is the story! For New Year’s Eve I visited my SO and spent a month with him. One day we went to a big supermarket (similar to Ikea) to buy some things we needed to adjust his room to my need, as I am moving there soon, and… I saw the bed of my dreams! As we didn’t have a double bed yet, he asked me if I wanted to have it. We had such a romantic talk, and it was such a romantic moment (I cried a bit )! In that moment, in the supermarket, that became OUR bed, our first own furniture, a first step for our future together. The bed of my dreams with the man of my dreams! I gave to that decision such a high value! We couldn’t buy it that day, because we had to ask some help to bring it home (by subway!). The following day we spent one hour in a shop choosing the curtain for the bed, and then when we finally had our bed in the room, we started to try to assemble it. It took 4 hours!!! It looked like playing with Lego, but at a certain point I thought we would have never been able to finish it. My SO was super patience and at the end… our super romantic bed was there, waiting for us to celebrate our lovely story!

I decided to share with you this happiness, and these are some pictures of our performance! Do you like it?

I LOVE the bed. I had a very similar one at home, but my brother 'stole' it when I moved away.

Congrats

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Cute! We have a queen since my SO flails around. And even with that size he still manages to elbow me in the face at least once a week

But I know how you feel about getting furniture. I totally felt the same way

Comment

ohh awesome!! I love four poster beds!!! Like a princess
        that must have been an awesome moment having your bed!! as in you two as a couple!!
        Congratulations!!!

Comment

I love the bed! It's beautiful and I love your sentiment behind it. I've been thinking a lot lately about closing the distance and when we do move in together how to blend our styles and stuff and kinda decided I think we should get new things together. It matters to me.

I'm glad I'm not the only one it matters to.

Comment

That is such a adorable bed!! I love that red color!
            Love knows not distance, time, or logic.

Evan & Megan <3

Comment

Oh, thank you a lot! I'm really counting the days to be back in Berlin!!!

Comment

I LOVE the color scheme you had for the bed! Its gorgeous! Congratz!
                "You will always have my heart, no matter how far we're apart" ~ Jacob

Comment

Red and black, very stylish indeed I like it!

Comment

aww super cute and romantic! how sweet, congrats!
                    I love you Nathan <3
                    sigpic
                    5/25/09 <3

Comment

Love it, I had one in this style, but white, when I was younger! I felt like a princess every time i went to sleep on it! and it matched the one from my parents, I had the single version one, so I felt even cooler! yours is beautiful! congrats!
                      our story.

sigpic

02.02.2012 - When we got married and closed the distance once and for all

"If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse."

Comment

That's an pretty awesome bed! My SO and I have picked a new frame out- it's in his apartment right now, but he says he's building it the night before I come home, so we can sleep in it together for the first time! New furniture is so exciting! I love going round stores with my SO and window shopping/sometimes buying furniture and decor- it really makes it an "our" home, rather than two people's things put in the same house.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

that's awesome!

Comment

Working...
                          X