Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unexpectadly Closed the Distance Sunday :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unexpectadly Closed the Distance Sunday :)

So, My SO was here for a 2 week visit over my spring break, and Sunday he was suppose to leave at 3 pm and go back to Florida. Well, both of us stayed up the night before completely depressed and thought for a long time. Sunday morning I called my landlord to ask about him staying and she said that he would only have to pay a bit extra for utilities and as long as it was okay with my other roomies she was fine with him staying! So we are now living together as long as everything works out and keeps moving in the right direction. He had his plane ticket refunded so he has credit for a ticket if he needs to go home anytime soon. But we are now looking for jobs and continuing school and etc and everything seems to be going great so far! I thank you for all of your support through the rough times these past 2 years. I am so happy now and I know he is too, all of it was definitely worth the trouble!

Aww that's awesome! I hope things continue to go well for you! Congratulations on closing the distance early!

Comment

How is your SO continuing school if he's there with you?

Comment

Originally posted by CynicalQuixotic View Post
        How is your SO continuing school if he's there with you?
        I must admit, I was wondering the same! Congratulations on having worked something out though, and best of luck for the future

Comment

He's in online school and didn't have a steady internet connection at home so it's actually better that he's here now and can get schoolwork done on time. Everything seems to be working out so far, as long as he can get a job everything will be fine. And we are going to get our own apartment as soon as we save enough money.

Comment

^Okay, I see. I hope things work out for the two of you! I can't say I'm not a little jealous

Comment

That's awesome! Gotta say I'm a bit jealous!

Comment

Wow, I'm pretty impressed how things worked out so neatly for you! Hope you two find jobs soon. Congratulations on closing the distance, I'm happy for you

Comment

So happy for your fortuitous closing the distance!! Love when unexpected things work out, and congratulations!!! Hope everything continues to work out, and much love!
                  "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Congrats! I hope for the best

Comment

Congrats! Good luck with the job hunting! How exciting to be together!!!

Comment

Congratulations!

"Do I love you? My God, if your love were a grain of sand, mine would be a universe of beaches."

Like a drum, my heart never stops beating for you.

Comment

Update: So we've been living together for 2 months now and everything has been going great! The only issues we've had are money because the economy is so horrible right now, my SO hasn't been able to find a job. But we are gonna work hard this summer with finding a way to make money. We went and looked at an apartment last week and the landlord was extremely nice and sweet, he's an older guy. We are gonna put in our applications Monday for the apartment and hopefully we'll get it! If all goes as planned, we will have our own place in June and will be decorating and making it ours! I'm so excited to not have to live with roommates anymore, it will just be my SO and I and it will be our home for the next 2-3 years. We are both having family issues right now because we come from low income families and our parents are unemployed so we are trying to help them out as much as we can while still keeping ourselves afloat. It's not easy but it has to be done since we are both the oldest children in our families, we have to try and keep the peace. This summer we are both going to stay at my home in Farmville, VA (right now we are in my house at school- 3 hours away). It shall be interesting, this will be his first time meeting my family and the house is extremely crowded at the moment so I'm hoping everyone gets along. We are both going to get our licenses when we go to my home and he will then be an official resident of VA. After a year here, he is going to transfer to a school here that offers his major so he can attend a university rather than the community college he's at now. And I'm going to continue school where I am now, I have 2 more years left until I graduate (as a super senior of course)! Hmm... I'm not sure what else to tell y'all right now so if you have questions let me know!

Comment

That's fantastic! I hope everything works out for you guys.
                            Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
                            Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
                            Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

everything sounds great for you! I'm happy to hear that! I know your situation is nor the best,but it seems as you both are strong together and can make it through!! I wish you the best for the future

Comment

Working...
                              X