Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this really "closing the distance"?

4 days until the distance is closed!

I have such mixed emotions! I am graduating with my BS degree and moving back home (california where my SO also is) where I have a job lined up. I plan on living back at home until june and then moving into a new apartment (because going from living alone to back at home is NOT going to last long) with my SO.

But is this truly considered closing the distance? I ask because he signs papers for the military in April and will be leaving for basic in January and then we will be LFAD (pun intended) until we decide to get married.

The fact that he will be leaving is what has me sad. It's like halfway closing the distance. I don't know.

So that is my question: Is that closing the distance?
    Got together Jan 3, 2011~ Closed the Distance March 23, 2012~ Living Together Since June 19 2012~ Future TBD......

I miss you more than I ever could have believed; and I was prepared to miss you a good deal." ~ Vita Sackville-west

It's sort of the same for us. He's arriving here tomorrow and we'll be living together for half a year. But in October he's going to move to a different city in Germany to get is Master's and I'm moving to his hometown (of all places) for a year as part of my Master's.
    And then we'll be long distance again until... until we're both done with our degree's and can find work in the same city I guess.

It might not be permanent but it's definitely more than a visit. So it's closing the distance. At least that's how I see it.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Awww. Well on here its usually called 'temporarily closing the distance'. Still I'm happy for you. and congratulations on your BS

Everything I know, and anywhere I go, It gets hard but it won't take away my love,
      And when the last one falls, when it's all said and done, It gets hard but it won't take away my love

sigpic

Me without Him is like Son of Beast without the loop.

Comment

I agree with Dauntedpoet and say you're temporarily closing the distance. Congrats on graduating soon! It's such a great feeling!

Comment

Temporarily closing the distance. Take what you can and enjoy every moment!

Comment

Working...
          X