Is this really happening? Wonderful and scary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this really happening? Wonderful and scary

SO and I met online last March. I liked her from the get-go, but she kept saying no because of the distance (2700 miles.) Finally in November 2011 she said yes to trying to figure all of this out. In Feb she stayed with me for two weeks. She met my son, family and friends. The visit went really well. Everyone in my life that met her really liked her. The time went by way too fast and it was hard to let her go after the two weeks.
    On 3/13 my son and I flew to her state and are staying here until 4/3. The visit has gone just as well. Her family and friends have welcomed us with open arms. It's been wonderful. I love that I can hold her all night and I get to kiss her goodbye before she goes to work. We have already found our grove when it comes to the mundane household stuff and I can't picture days without her anymore. My son and SO get along well, too well sometimes LOL. He has learned she is a softy and will give him whatever he wants...I'm sure she'll learn one day haha. They go outside and play sports, they joke, he will let her help with his care if I'm unable...

My son has said from the first day that we got here that we are moving here. That he doesn't want to go back...except to pack up our house...I've talked to him about missing his family and friends. I know he cannot understand what that really means. However, the fact is I've never seen him happier than since we've been here. My child has changed so much in the last week, it's unreal. There are several boys around his age in SO's family that we see often.

It's all just amazingly wonderfully ooey gooey. The stuff movies are made of.

SO and I talk about the when and whys of moving, constantly. Neither one of us are cut out for LD. It's costly, its emotionally draining (as you all know), it puts life on "pause" and it's not good when you have a small child. SO has plenty of room for us in her house and we are going to check out the elementary schools for my son, later this week, for next year. We're also going to check out the college here, but I won't be able to attend for a year because their out of state tuition is too much.

It looks like we will be going back to my home state just to pack up, let my son finish his school year and then we will drive back with my car.

That all being said...

WOW.

I CANNOT believe this is happening.

I am from the city and SO lives in the country...20 minutes to a teeny tiny version of a city...I'm having a harder time with that then I thought I would. I mean I've always wanted to live in the country, but being here is completely different. I know I can get used to it...I'm just going to need some time...

Leaving my family and friends is heartbreaking. I lived out of state for a bit over a year and hated it (the situation had a lot to do with it) but the ache for my family is still going to be there. I'm on the verge of tears often because everyone is so wonderful. This is everything I ever wanted. I'm just so mad I have to leave my family behind for it. My mom said it well...this is a lose-lose situation for me. I'm always going to be leaving someone behind.

SO is incredibly supportive and keeps telling me she will wait as long as I need to or if I can't do it she'll understand. I don't feel like not doing it is an option. I want to be with her. It just sucks that I have to be so far away from my family.

UGH, this turned into a vent. I'm sorry. I'm just so heavy-hearted right now and no one here can understand because none of them have moved...

Originally posted by limegreen View Post
    UGH, this turned into a vent. I'm sorry. I'm just so heavy-hearted right now and no one here can understand because none of them have moved...
    No one here can understand? Are you talking about here, on LFAD? or "here", as in your family? If you're referring to LFAD-I've moved plenty of times. And I agree with you, it does suck. I moved away from my SO twice. (Not because I don't love him! I do, and I will be moving back to him ASAP. I had to move for work.) I moved to a new state (on my own) where I knew absolutely no one before moving to it three times. Once for college and twice post-college. So there are people here who know what you're going through. If you need to vent, please, vent. It always helps me.

As for your situation, I'm sorry that it's stressful-but that's so exciting! It's wonderful that your son and SO get along so well and that he wants to move there. He'll adjust okay, I promise. I grew up moving around and I was always able to find friends. It will be scary at first (for everyone) but don't worry, you'll adjust. Plus you'll have your own personal tour guide of the area! haha

Best of luck with the school searches and the moving.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I was talking about my family ;-).

Thank you. I know it's going to be tough, but she is more than worth it. I absolutely hit the jack pot when I met her <3

Originally posted by lyonsgirl View Post
      No one here can understand? Are you talking about here, on LFAD? or "here", as in your family?

Comment

Just wanted to make sure, but yea. I have many friends who have never left their hometowns who do not understand what I go through. And it is hard-but it is definitely worth it to be with the one you love.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
        Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
        Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...
        X