It's Official: I'm Moving to Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's Official: I'm Moving to Houston

Soooo... I graduate with my undergraduate degree in May. Whoopie!

I had applied to five graduate schools in the fall, right after I officially started my SO. I happened to find a program I really liked in the same city as my SO, but it was my third choice.

Well, I got rejected from my top two choices... But I got accepted to the University of Houston! And I turned in the paperwork, and things are going great with my SO, and....

I'M OFFICIALLY MOVING TO HOUSTON IN AUGUST

I haven't found a place yet (I'm not going to move in with my SO just yet), so I don't know the official date. But I'm excited!

And also a little terrified...

Yay!! That's so exciting! It was clearly meant to be that you need to move to Houston. Congratulations on almost graduating, starting grad school and closing the distance!!

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
    Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
    Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Awesome news!

Comment

Congrats!

I'm moving to Texas too, also for school, but to the DFW area in July. I'm really excited, but also terrified. Every day it gets more real and more scary.
        I'm not living with my boyfriend right off the bat either, but once his lease is up - about 3 - 4 months after I move there, he'll be moving in.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Sierra View Post
          I'm moving to Texas too, also for school, but to the DFW area in July. I'm really excited, but also terrified. Every day it gets more real and more scary.
          I live in the DFW area! (For now.) It's a good place to be from what I've seen so far. I might only be here until August though, then I'll probably
          be moving again. (no idea where, though.)

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
          Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
          Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Fab news! Congratulations and good luck to you both

Comment

Awe, that's great! I'm so happy for you! Congratulations & good luck!!

Comment

So excited for you! I moved from Maryland to Long Island for grad school and I was terrified too, but it all works out in the end. Glad you will be closer to your SO and congrats on almost being done with undergrad!!

Comment

Congrats, getting into grad school in this economy is truly an accomplishment. I bet you are so thrilled to be getting so close to your SO, enjoy every moment.

Comment

Much excitement in your new chapter Congratulations

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
                    Second visit scheduled May 2013
                    Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

Congratulations! (:

Comment

Congratulations!

Comment

Terrifying things are often the most fun!

Congrats

Comment

What an adventure! Yay!
                            Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Congrats!!! I'm glad things are working out so well! I'm very happy for you!

Comment

Working...
                              X