This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving out tips, in need of plenty! haha

Wow, I wonder if anyone's annoyed of me yet lol!
    My SO was supposed to be moving here and short story is thanks to my family falling apart I am going to be, (or hoping to) be moving to Florida by late June/early July. Basically I need a lot of tips because looking up tips I see things about renting out apartments and paying taxes, etc. I won't be doing any of that- he lives with his parents and is still in college so I won't need to be doing all of that. I've never visited there but I really want to go anyways because his college has the program I want to study in whereas none here in Ohio do.

So basically I plan on going there around that time and getting a one way ticket, and then keeping money back in case I don't like it or want to come back home. I'm the type of person who wants to go there and get everything figured out and set but really I can't do that. What would my steps even be? Should I just wait a month or so and then start doing small things to become a resident? Like getting my license transferred and then my change of address? My car will be here with my parents and I think I might end up having to pay to have it 'shipped' down to Florida because I don't think we'll be able to drive down to Florida together. I also am scared about getting a job, and how I'll even afford to start paying for car insurance in Florida! I plan on waiting a year to apply to college as well so I don't have to pay out of state. He just keeps telling me not to worry and stop thinking about so much at once and that it will work out. But I know how shitty life is and I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of struggling.

He doesn't have a car and his parents only have ONE car. He's going to college, his step dad works, and his mother is out a lot of the time. How are all of us going to use one car and what if I get a job the same time he goes to school or something like that? I just don't know how we'll make it down there, and like I said even if I get my car down there I won't have money to start paying insurance every month. He says that he will start going part time instead to get a job but I want him to finish his college as fast as he can, obviously.

sigpic
    We've been together since 10.11.10

First Visit-7.13.11
    Second Visit-12.17.11
    Closed the distance-06.20.12

Working...
X