77 days...MOVING TO SOUTH AMERICA!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

77 days...MOVING TO SOUTH AMERICA!

I just posted on the main Long distance threads, but I realized maybe it should have been here. But here are some more different details.

I am graduating from University a year earlier than most people (3 years) and will be moving to Chile to be with my SO in Augsut! I will finally have to perfect my Spanish, yay! And Pablo is getting a job with LAN airlines, so for the next two years or so, even if I have to live in a big nasty city, we will be able to see all of S. America for super cheap!

Im worried about Chilean girls.. haha. But seriously, they are not outgoing and are not interested in new friends, especially not gringa friends! So.. even if I want to "immerse" myself and have a perfect little group of Chilean girlfriends, I will have to settle for lots of the other gringas that have moved down there for the same reasons as me. How assimilating is that!?!

Anyways, Im gonna be writing about my experience here:

https://lanarenee.com/blog-2/

and I plan to:
    -Volunteer helping and fostering street dogs
    -Create a ?successful? wedding photography business
    and
    -intern at a Spanish speaking language school in exchange for daily Spainsh classed.

hopefully all that will curb the feeling of isolation in a new bug (cold in August) city!

Congratulations! Hope everything will work out just alright

I'll move to US in 55 or 69 days, depending on a few things, to be with my SO and to start up my university studies again

Comment

I just posted a comment on your profile, but Congrats! Some Chilena's don't want anything to do with gringas, but some are more then willing to get to meet new people. If your going to be in Santiago i'll be there in September in Providencia or Macul and we should meet up with our Chileno's =)

Treasuretrooper <-- how I helped pay for some of my LDR expenses when I was in one.

Comment

Congrats! I'm fluent in Spanish so let me know if you need any help.

Comment

Working...
        X