It *may* be over...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It *may* be over...

So, I haven't been on for awhile. I think about all of you all the time though.

Our LONG DISTANCE may be over... He may be here to stay!

December 3rd he surprised me by showing up to stay for a few weeks until Christmas/my birthday (December 28).
    December went by super fast, and then I asked when he was leaving and he said he wasn't sure yet. I was fine with that
    So January came and went, same with February and March.
    He's still here.
    I asked him if he wanted to stay for good and he said maybe.
    So I asked my mom (I live with her) and she said there would have to be some guidlines because of what happened last time. (he left without telling anyone he was going )
    But yeah... basically my mom said it's okay if he stays, now it's up to him to say "I'm staying" so we can get stuff done.
    I want him to enroll in school with me, and I want to switch his SSI to here because if he's staying he has to lol.
    But yeah... aside from living in a tiny apartment with my family I'm really excited and I'm hoping he stays!!!

If he goes home, it'll be soon... he's been here like 4 months and needs to figure out if he's going back to his house... or going to start his life here. I'm really anxious. I want him to stay, but I want to know what is going on in his mind.

Congratulations! I hope everything works out for you two!

Comment

Is he not working? Would be nice if he could stay with you

Comment

What does he do for a living that would allow him to come and go as he pleases for months at a time?
        Any why on Earth would he just up and leave one day without telling anyone, including you?

That's some fishy stuff.

Comment

Because he's bi-polar and he doesn't think before he acts sometimes.
          We lived in a studio apartment with 6 people and slept on the floor.
          His dad was having heart attacks and strokes and was diagnosed with dimentia and they asked him to go home.
          He didn't know how to tell me he was leaving, so he just left, because he didn't know how to handle the situation.
          It was overwhelming for him.
          It was 2 years ago and we've been together for 5 years so I'm not concerned over it being fishy or anything because I know him pretty well.
          He's disabled, so he's on SSI & goes to school online, that's why he's not confined anywhere, except by the guilt of having to care for his dying father.

Comment

Originally posted by AllieCat1989 View Post
            Because he's bi-polar and he doesn't think before he acts sometimes.
            We lived in a studio apartment with 6 people and slept on the floor.
            His dad was having heart attacks and strokes and was diagnosed with dimentia and they asked him to go home.
            He didn't know how to tell me he was leaving, so he just left, because he didn't know how to handle the situation.
            It was overwhelming for him.
            It was 2 years ago and we've been together for 5 years so I'm not concerned over it being fishy or anything because I know him pretty well.
            He's disabled, so he's on SSI & goes to school online, that's why he's not confined anywhere, except by the guilt of having to care for his dying father.
            wow those are some pretty tough things that you guys will have to deal with on top of the normal stress and adjustment period of closing the distance. I do hope he decides to stay for your sake as 5 years is a very long time to not have closed the distance. good luck
            Met Online: February 2009
            Feelings grew: January 2011
            First met in person: 4 April - 16 April 2011
            Officially together since: 4th of April 2011
            Second visit: 29 June - 1 August 2011
            Third visit: 28 September - 15 October 2011
            Fourth visit: 19 January - 25 February 2012
            Fifth visit: 24 March - 12 April 2012
            Sixth visit: 2 June - 7 July 2012
            Engaged: 1st of July 2012
            Seventh visit: 27 August - 23 September
            Visa lodged: 5th of November 2012