Closing the gap...today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing the gap...today!

So today I am moving over to England to be with my OH. We have been together for 18 months, starting with 6 months close distance at college. I moved back home and we have tried to see each other every 8/6 weeks. I saved up over the last 6 months and we found a house close to our old college and near his hometown / job.
    I am very happy but also nervous, I haven't found work there yet and I'm also worried about making my own friends. I will be about an hour on the train from some college friends which is nice but I'm worried I will be bored without my home comforts.

How do you adapt to a new place? is it easy to make friends as an adult? (I'm 25)

Thanks guys!

I moved to England after being with my SO for 18 months too. I finally just got a job after 10 months of looking. Hoping I can make some friends that way but there is a website called www.citysocializing.com i think and you can sign up to go to meetings at pubs and stuff with other people looking to make friends. Everyone is friendly cause they are all there looking to meet people.

Comment

Working...
    X