Moving without a real plan any tips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving without a real plan any tips?

In september I will be moving to the city close to my boyfriend, have to find a room to rent, have a college course lined up to go a get what I need to go to university/college but until then I have to find a job and fend for myself for the first time.
    We are hoping that he will get a full-time job as he has just finished university and has a part-time job, I am worried he won't get the job, that I will move there with little money and he will break up with me and I will be in a situation which will be difficult.
    ( I worry a lot, and this is a little OTT but I am just thinking about the worst situation possible)

Has anyone got any ways to improve planning?
    I have never lived away from family or on my own.
    Should I push him into moving out with me just because it would make it easier on myself?

That is a big choice and I know how you feel, Im in cllege and I live at home with my dad. My boyfriend and I want to be closer but I dont want to move there because Im in a good college and have no job or money to get out there and if I was to get a job now it would still take me a couple years to get the money for my own place and we already talked abut it we dont think we can be long distance more than a year. I talked about him moving out here but he still needs a couple thousand to get himself a new car and he wants to have a job if he comes out here and once he gets his car he has no money to have a place on his own out here and I wont move in with him till I finish college. I had talked to my dad about him moving in with us, if were good and could work out its so far our choice, there are concerns on how it will be but its worth a try.
    Sorry I just wanted to give you my story, maybe give you an idea. I think he should try to move in with you if its going to be easier on you because then you will be less stressed. If theres a reason he cant depending what it is then thats for you two to talk about. I understand the worries and concerns and I think its going to be there either way, if you dont feel ready though finacially or any other reasons I wouldnt push yourself to do it, it may hurt his feelings but your the one making the big choice, im sure if it was him he would feel the same.

Comment

My only advice is before you go plan EVERYTHING. && every possibilities because in the end you might have to rely on only urself & u don't want to be thrown in a situation that u cant handle && sets u back....Good Luck!
      sigpic
      Not to get clever
      but with you I see forever
      But whatever it is,
      Here's to you,
      I Love You Kid...

Comment

Don't go without a plan. My experience of being in the UK is that it is hard to get a job. I sent over 50 CVs out to get only two call backs. Save money and save a lot before you just go and move and hope you find a job. If your SO isn't ready to move out, you can't push him to. It is nice that you want to move closer to him but do it as if you were doing it on your own, you don't want to have to rely of your parents sending you money or mooching off your SO because you didn't plan properly.

Comment

You should always plan for the worst. If you don't think you'll be able to support yourself without your SO, then you need to wait until you can. Finding jobs can be hard. Plan as much as you can. You can't plan for everything that happens, but you can do your best to try.

Comment

Working...
          X