Applied to jobs too soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Applied to jobs too soon

Gah. Anyone else had this problem?? I have a job right now until September, but I needed a new one for August so I could move with my SO when he goes back to school. I thought three months of applications, interviewing, negotiating, etc. would land me something by August (I sent out apps in April and May). I got two interviews last week and two job offers within four days. They wanted me to start asap but I pushed them back to July 1. Needless to say I am thrilled to have found a job but I am uprooting us sooner than expected. I guess I will be stuck in an extended stay hotel for about 6 weeks, my lease doesn't start until August 11. All in the name of permanently closing the distance, but nonetheless a bit of a hassle. Its gonna cost me an arm and a leg because I have to still keep my current apartment because they require two months move out notice.

Hmm, I imagine the extra cost would be a pain indeed, but surely you'll soon make that money back once you start earning in your new job? I don't think you were wrong to begin your search sooner rather than later. If I were planning a permanent move I'm sure I'd start looking for work well in advance too! Congratulations on having found something that suits you - I don't know an awful lot about the economy at the moment, but it's never a bad thing when you have a job secured.

Comment

I wish I were in your position, lol. I moved without a job and that's why I'm now job hunting and it's stressful.
      ♥ Erika & Thomas ♥
      ♥ Est. January 13, 2011 ♥ Became LDR July 1, 2011 ♥ Christmas visit December 24 - 29, 2011 ♥ Closed the distance June 2, 2012 ♥

♪ Cause with you I'd withstand all of it to hold your hand ♫

Comment

Yes, I feel extremely fortunate. I went to graduate school for a degree I knew I could get hired with. Its a good job but it will be stressful also.

Comment

Working...
        X