Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

His sacrifice for me :)

I'm literally stunned.

It started on April 20th...we were skyping as usual, ordinary conversations and silly faces, you guys know how it goes. Then his face gets so serious that it frightened me. He tells me he has a serious question that will effect our future and his expression is grim so naturally I think the worst. He pulls out a little blue velvet box and asks me to marry him. I start bawling with tears. All I can say is are you serious, and he says yes this was my grandmothers and it's for my future wife which I hope will be you. The tears continue as I stutter out a yes. He told me there was one other thing and it barely registers with me so he waits for me to calm down. He tells me he will not join the Marine Corps and will move up here one year from now to be with me. So what I thought would take another 3+ years to happen finally seems within reach.

It is still hard for me wrap my head around but the happiness is overwhelming.

Thought I'd share

C x

Wow This is BIG! Congratulations I think he likes you a little bit
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Thank you so much It's been over two years, three since I've known him so it's like I can finally breathe.

Comment

omg omg i m sooo happy for uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu congratssss girl

Comment

Wow, that's amazing! Congratulations and YAY for not having to wait 3 years until you can close the distance

Comment

Wonderful news, congratulations! All the best to both of you

Comment

Congratulations

Comment

Congratulations! Best wishes for the both of you.

Comment

OH!! you are so lucky The best wishes for the two of you.

Comment

Thank you all for the congratulations!!! <3

Comment

You are one lucky girl! Not to mention blessed. Best of luck to the two of you!! Remember to keep all of us updated!

Comment

If he truly wants to not go after all, I think its great! Id be soooo happy too and I'm happy you get to close the distance much sooner than you thought. As for the engagement, CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thats is insanely exciting <3

Comment

Thank you ^.^ I spent weeks annoying the hell out of him making sure he really did not want to join, I told him I didn't want him sacrificing his dream for me but he told me the only thing he'd be sacrificing was me so it was his choice in the end and either way I'm happy to have him.

Comment

That's awesome! Congratulations!
                            ♥ Erika & Thomas ♥
                            ♥ Est. January 13, 2011 ♥ Became LDR July 1, 2011 ♥ Christmas visit December 24 - 29, 2011 ♥ Closed the distance June 2, 2012 ♥

♪ Cause with you I'd withstand all of it to hold your hand ♫

Comment

Working...
                            X