Planning on closing the distance soon.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Planning on closing the distance soon.

So I'll be completing school relitivly soon. Possibly with in a few months. I plan to go back home get a job for a few months and then relocate the job to Pittsburgh PA.

I'm nervous, I've never lived out of my home town, I did stay with my SO for christmas which was nice but that was in a different city so I don't know much about Pittsbugh I do have a phone with a GPS so I can get around okay. But I suppose I'm nervous because the only person I will know there is my SO and the friends he has made.

I also Highly HIGHLY worry financially. About finding a good apartment About making enough to make ends meet that sorta stuff.

My SO is in college and he wont be moving in with me, But he can stay on the weekends and after school until he gets a job, once he gets a job he can move in with me.

Idk what I'm asking really. Any tips on moving to a new state?
    " There is always hope.
    "

Finances should be the last thing on your mind. If you don't have enough money (plus a few extra thousand dollars) to move, then you shouldn't even be thinking about it. When I moved to CR, I had enough money to support me for almost a year without a job. I found a job after 6 months.

Put yourself out there to make friends. It's going to take a while to make your own circle and to feel at home, be patient. Best wishes!

Comment

I'm from Pittsburgh

But when you move somewhere new, honestly the most important thing is making social connections. Just put yourself out there and and meet people. Its also important to remember that it takes time to get settled. The first bit might be uncomfortable, but if you give it time it will get better and before you know it you'll know people.

As far as money goes... Erm. I'm moving across the country now, and I only have two months worth saved up. But then I start school. I don't think what I'm doing is the best plan though. You definitely need money saved up though. How much is a judgement call. For me, I just have to make it through the summer. Just look at how much you intend to spend on the move. Write out ho much furniture will cost, or an apartment. Look on craigslist and get an idea for prices. Since you know one person in the area he'll be able to tell you where the good and bad neighborhoods are. Where the cheaper rent is, etc. Just make a list of expenses. (keep in mind any furniture that needs to be moved, or if it needs to be bought, things like that)

Pittsburgh is a really great city (In my humble opinion ) It has a really good art community. It has a lot of colleges about, so there are decent clubs around.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X