I'm getting antsy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm getting antsy

I'm getting antsy and anxious about closing the distance next week! I just wanted to know how anyone else has coped with these feelings (or is currently coping with them!)? I'm trying to stay busy but I have to pack and get everything settled, which makes me even more antsy!

sigpic

Bump

sigpic

Comment

I saw this thread before, but just didn't know what to say. I wasn't really worried at all when I closed the distance

I'm going to recommend deep breathing, positive thinking and many cups of tea!
      Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

I'm closing the distance in about 7 weeks & I'm already feeling a bit antsy & anxious! I think talking it out with your partner helps. As well as remembering why you started this journey in the first place.

Comment

For some reason, I'm not really getting the jitters much at all. I'm leaving for college and it's the same one my SO attends. He's antsy, my mom is doing the usual "my baby girl is leaving!" thing, my friends are all really jittery about leaving for their respective colleges. Not me really.
          Idk. I've been ready for college since I started high school. It couldn't go by fast enough, but since April I haven't been able to get myself as excited as I and others think I should be. In fact, I'm rather ambivalent to the whole thing.
          I leave on Tuesday, and I've pretty much finished packing. I'm a little anxious/excited, but I'm not torn up over leaving home or counting the seconds until the move.
          I get waves of both, and I'm really prepared, but... I guess it will hit me when I get there. I know my SO got really homesick his first semester, but was really excited to leave (at the same time sad to leave me ).
          So idk what to say about the jitters. I know that when I would get excited to visit my SO, it was like the clock was made of molasses and I was on speed. Deep breaths, distractions. And congratulations, it will all be over soon!!

Comment

Working...
          X