Help! I'm scared :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help! I'm scared :(

I've been with my boyfriend for a year and 8 months now and I recently just got a good bit of cash and i'm able to afford a plane ticket for him to come up here! Sounds exciting right? I'm scared to death.

In the past, meeting people in person that I've met online hasn't been the best of experiences. One guy dumped me right after our trip together before I met my boyfriend.

I'm so in love with this boy and he feels the same for me but I just can't get over being frightened about meeting him in person and having it all crash down on me. Does this happened to everybody or am I being a terrible girlfriend? I haven't told him about the money yet or thinking about buying him a plane ticket..
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

I think it's just natural to be worried, because in your mind you want it to go perfectly and your mind is coming up with reasons as to why it wont.

Way I see it, you'd feel much worse if you had the opportunity to see him and never gave it a go. The feeling of 'what could've been' is not a good one for sure. He loves you and you love him, that deserves to be given a chance

Comment

I was scared too when my SO and I first met, it's normal to be worried about things. I agree with Englishman though, you'll regret it if you don't meet him. LDRs are hard enough without the added stress of never meeting face to face. Sure, leaving will be sad and you'll be nervous on the ride over but it's worth it. First visit nervousness is totally worth it in my experience and the experiences of most of the people here from what I've read. You can do it! He loves you and you love him, you deserve the chance to cuddle up together.

Comment

Working...
      X