Nervous, is that normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervous, is that normal?

So I plan on closing the distance in November, If I can find a place and all that. I'm nervous about finding a place, finding a job, being away from my dad ( mom passed away in July so once I move he'll be alone, well he has the dog, but that doesnt exactly count )
    I'm also slightly nervous about seeing my SO again, We've been LD for about a year as of now, and we were CD 3 years before then.
    " There is always hope.
    "

I hope it's normal to be nervous, because I'm feeling the same way right now! (I'm hopefully closing the distance in October.)

I think the best thing you can do is just go one step at a time because thinking about everything at once will seem overwhelming. Does your Dad have Skype/ know how to use it? Skype is a lifesaver, honestly, & will be a great way for you two to stay in touch.

My SO & I say we always get nervous before visits, wondering if everything is going to be the same between us, but honestly once we see each other it's just like the last time. I'm sure you'll be fine.

Comment

I can always show my dad how to use skype, he's a computer guy so skype should be simple for him, I'm just worried because a lot of my family feels they wont see me again, which isnt true, there is still holidays and vacations and what not. Still I think its just the whole process of moving that makes me nervous.
      " There is always hope.
      "

Comment

I wouls say that anytime your life changes in a drastic way you are bound to be nervous - and yes it's normal! Once your family sees how easy it will be to keep in touch with you I think that will help ease some of the anxiety too. Congrats!

Comment

Of course it's normal to be nervous! It's a big life change, so it's normal to be worried about everything. just don't worry too much about it! Your father will adjust with time, and you can always go back to him or if it doesn't work out figure something else out for the both of you.
          sigpic
          We've been together since 10.11.10

First Visit-7.13.11
          Second Visit-12.17.11
          Closed the distance-06.20.12

Comment

Originally posted by Sharon Q View Post
            I can always show my dad how to use skype, he's a computer guy so skype should be simple for him, I'm just worried because a lot of my family feels they wont see me again, which isnt true, there is still holidays and vacations and what not. Still I think its just the whole process of moving that makes me nervous.
            Ah, that's good then!

Yeah, my Mom thinks the same thing too... it is hard when people think they won't see you again. But it seems like you have a plan to come back so that's good.

Moving is a lot of work & it won't always be easy. But it will be worth it. Make a list & take it one step at a time. Do a lot of planning (I'm sure you have). If you take one step at a time you'll be at your goal before you know it!

Comment

Working...
            X