The Flight Back Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Flight Back Home

I always like to make my posts into stories so that they're a little more entertaining to read. I hope ya'll appreciate them and forgive my grammatical errors ^-^

Some Background information:
    The Guy(Me): I'm 19, Korean, and currently studying abroad in Shinagawa-ku Tokyo. I've been living here for about 1.5 years.
    The Girl(Her): She's 18, Lebanese/British, and currently residing in Tulsa Oklahoma. It's her senior year of high school.

"I'll tell you as soon as it arrives!"
    "Promise!"
    "I promise!"
    "You better! Bye!"
    And with that another successful "date" ended. He stretched his arms and leaned back in his chair. His long hair covered his eyes and drifted back behind his ears as he looked up towards the ceiling. Reaching one hand up he made swooshing noises as the tips of his fingers arced around the empty air, dive bombing and finally making a graceful landing on his desktop. It was about 2am and the city was still alive. Outside the apartment, one could hear the horrible sounds of the stressed white-collar worker releasing the days troubles on the poor karaoke mic, the tipsy college students exiting the bar next door, and the occasional breeze blowing through the street and stirring up the wind chimes dangling at the front door. Tokyo was always like this on Saturdays.

He skipped down the steps and pulled on the pair of jeans lying on the floor at the bottom of the stairs as well as the jacket that hung on the small cupboard handle just above the front door. His shoes were all shoved inside of a small compartment in the wall, and after a little deliberation, he finally decided on a pair of pewter gray Chukka boots. The night air was crisp and fresh, and yet at the same time a tinge of alcohol lingered in the general vicinity of his front door, but he welcomed it. The smell of spirits always seemed to rid him of the haunting loneliness of living alone. He walked down the street, a little to the north towards the convenience store. He always went there whenever he got a little hungry at night, not to mention no other convenience store in Shinagawa seemed to sell an ample amount of cheese fries.

"I'll take two orders of cheese fries, do you mind heating them up for me old man?"
    "Cheese fries? That's weird, you usually get the family pack sushi. Did something happen at school?"
    "No, not necessarily. I guess it's just nice to switch things up for once."
    "Ah I see, well sounds good to me! That'll be 600 yen!"

The fries were good. Somehow the old man had managed to make an exact replica of Steak and Shake's cheese fries. He crammed the rest of the first order of fries down his throat and started back towards his house.

"The stars lean down to kiss you and I lie awake and mi~"

He flipped his phone open, and proceeded to open his email. He was so excited he could barely hold the phone properly as he frantically ran his thumb over the track pad. Finally he had found it. A small envelope icon with a little sun next to it. He opened it up, and scrolled down...

40minutes later...

"Bye!"
    "You should really stop eating those cheese fries, you're so gonna gain weight!"
    "As if I'd gain weight here, I ride my bike 3 miles a day to get to school."
    "Either way~"
    "Haha whatever, I gotta get some sleep, gotta pick up some bags tomorrow."
    "Aren't you a little early? I mean you've still got 37 days left."
    "Well you never know with airports, and this flight itinerary says my bag can't be more than 50lbs..."

Well I hope you guys like it! Though it didn't really have a plot or anything :3 I guess I had fun writing it if anything! But yeah! I'll finally be going back to the US from Japan after 1.5 years, and I'm so excited YAY!!!

Cute story! Good luck with getting your bag to weigh 50lbs or less.... on my last trip I was about 0.03 under the weight limit & I was SO proud! & of course, enjoy the US!

Comment

I loved the story! Have fun in the US!

Comment

Working...
      X