Responding to CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Responding to CD

For the most part I love being CD! I love being able to cuddle with him and kiss him whenever I want. However, I've noticed the last week or so that I keep getting angry and upset with him over stupid little things. For example, today he woke me up from my nap late, and even though I wasn't late to class I got upset with him... I know this reaction is my response to trying not to get hurt if something happens in our relationship, and I'm hoping it's just the adjustment period. How long did it take you to adjust to being CD? I love him so much and I don't want to mess things up because I get nervous when things get more "serious" between us.

sigpic

There is an adjustment period when you move in with anyone. You need to learn their habits and how to live together without stepping on toes. No matter how hard you try though, toes will be stepped on. We had many little arguments when we went CD like how I folded socks or put away dishes wasn't to his taste. After telling him where to go stick it things settled down and he doesn't nit pick. You have to learn to pick your battles. Was he late waking you up cause he genuinely wasn't paying attention to the clock or because he just needed 5 more minutes on xbox? You weren't late, and as annoying as it is, save your upset for things that are worth your anger.

Comment

Well first of all, I'm not sure why it's his responsibility to make sure you get to your class on time?

Anyways, we got along really well from the get go. But there was definitely some frustrations on my part. You just gotta let things go, like snow_girl said. Learn to compromise. If you get angry, take a step back and think "is this really worth my energy?"

ex: My SO always turns the soap around so I can't get to the pump to wash my hands. It drives me crazy. But it's really not a big deal at all. So every time I wash my hands I've gotten into the habit of turning the soap around first. It's not worth it to me to start an argument over something so trivial.

Comment

the time to adjust to someone new...is different for everyone...you just have to try to be more understanding...and talk about the things that maybe you don't understand about your SO...or maybe to see if changes could be made...or compromises...cuz i'm sure that your SO might have some of the same thoughts...communication is so important in a good relationship....and use the old standby...if something irritates you...count to 10 before saying anything..gives you time to think about things...you don't want petty things destroying a relationship...just not worth it

Comment

its been less than a a week since we closed the distance, but we still do not live together, because of collage. but yes the first few days i was here, i was feeling extremely low, and pissed off by the little things he says, or if he takes too much long to send me a proper good night message. i secretly wished he would call me every night before we sleep, because now we are not an international LDR, but CD. i was unhappy thinking that he is not excited at all that we closed the distance. but that was all the transition period.
          it took me about a week to really come around, and not worry about wanting to call because we chatted till we went to sleep, and calling was really not essential everyday because we were tired after chatting till sleep time, and just wanted to go to bed.
          and i have come to relaize no matter if its long distance or not he loves me the same always. and i m remembering to always pick my battles, i think it makes the transition peroid much more bearable.

Comment

Working...
          X