Closing the distance is one financial mess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing the distance is one financial mess

Hey everyone. I need to vent big time, I'm not going to lie. If you want to read please do, and advice is also highly appreciated. so I live about 2500 miles away from the light of my life right now, and we have plans to close the distance. I had a job, what I thought was a good solid one before our most recent visit. I pre arranged a vacation from my factory job about a month in advance to see him for two weeks. There was a slowdown in production a week before the visit, I didn't work the whole week. I was promised my normal position upon my return. We had our visit and then I call back to report to work. Now I'm on call again, everyone but 10 people from my company have been laid off/are on call. No full time positions. I give up. I'm looking for another job, but come on! What do I have to do to get to the one thing I want most in life? I have no job, no car, no money. I can't see this going well, and I worked so hard to find the job I had. It took me about 6 months, and that's 6 moths wasted pretty much. I think I've lost my faith in this world, and that closing the distance isn't possible. : [

Just keep looking. It sucks and it's easy to get down about this. But stay positive. You're working towards your goal. If you are in desperate need of a job, you are never over qualified for anything. Do anything just to get some savings into the bank.

Best wishes.

Comment

well...since you are looking for a job anyway...maybe look for a job where your SO is...if things are meant to be...they will always find a way...don't give up if it's what you really want

Comment

I feel for ya hun!
        I am on part time hours and had to move back in with my parents so I can save what little I do earn to buy plane ticlets. I know it can feel totally hopeless sometimes. I will be quiting my job in a few weeks time so I can spent 3 months in the States so when I get back I have to start from square one.
        I know how the feelings of hopelessness and dispair can get on top of you but just keep plugging away at it, something will turn up

Comment

Just try to find a job again, or try to find job in ur SO's place.

Its an obstacle in life only and soon u'll gonna surpass it.
          Just keep going, Don't give up.
          After all that we've been through, It all comes down to me and you.
          I guess it's meant to be, Forever you and me, After all.

Comment

Thanks all. I realize it could be worse. I kind of overreact to little things especially in the first week after he leaves but I got over it and I might be close to getting back on track. I just hope I'll still make it by our planned close the distance date. x3

Comment

Hope you get another job soon. I know its pretty sucky just now but please try and keep positive

"A thousand miles seems pretty far, but they got planes and trains and cars, I'd walk to you if I had no other way"

First visit 23/08/2012 - 05/09/2012
              Second visit scheduled May 2013
              Ended relationship August 2013

Comment

Well I got a job interview so things are looking up already. It's only going to be seasonal if I get the job, but I will fight for a permanent position. > : D

Comment

Working...
                X