Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And They Lived Together Ever After....

To the Loving from a Distance Community:

After two very interesting years, we must part ways. That’s right, Judsen and Callie – the accountant and medical student have closed the distance!
    I have benefited greatly from the support on this site during the first year of distance. That pink “LFAD” bracelet was rarely removed, I held it tightly in my hand whenever I was upset or lonely, and I held it tightly through my triumphs – like crossing the marathon line for the first time. I now know from this adventure that Judsen will always be with me no matter what we face, whether he is by my side or not. There are few couples that could weather such trials as the separation that most of this community faces. You are all stronger than you think!

This journey has been full of risks. The risk of losing the greatest love I’d ever know if I didn’t continue my relationship long distance. The risk that Judsen might fall out of love with me throughout these years, and the risk that I might do the same. The greatest risk: that after all this hardship, it might not be what we hoped for at the end. But the reward was more than I could have imagined. I get to wake up every morning next to the love of my life. I get to kiss him good night every time I close my eyes. He can hold me when I’m scared, and hug me when I’m happy. He makes me happier than anyone or anything ever could (Okay maybe my kitten is in the running for first place).

This wasn’t an easy two years. If you’ve read my blog from the first year you’ll see that Judsen’s parents weren’t too enthusiastic about our relationship, assuming I was some hussy who was going to cheat on him while we were apart (I didn’t), or many people who told me that my relationship did not count as a real relationship since we saw each other once a month (it is very much real, moreso than that person’s shallow marriage). But there were some that saw us through to the end, even when we had a momentary 48 hour break up – and instead of saying “Forget him”, people told me “Forgive him”.

Every 10th of the month since June 10th 2010 – I have been reminding Judsen of how long we’d been apart. “It’s our distance monthiversary!” I’d say on the phone or via text. Today, the 17th of the month, I woke up and realized I will never have to count the distance monthiversary again because a month ago I moved my furniture, cat, and me into his house to stay this time. It’s now our ‘together monthiversary’, and I don’t want to keep counting because I want it to last forever.

If you’d like to continue following our story, you can look at my profile or message me. Everyone has been wonderful these past two years. Best of luck to everyone in their relationships, may you find and keep love.

-Callie
    First date: 12.27.09
    Started the distance: 6.10.10
    Finished the distance: 8.17.12

J & C

Congrats on finally closing the distance!

Comment

this brought tears to my eyes! Lovely!! Congrats!
      First met online: June, 2010
      First met in person: August, 2011 (See the story of our first visit)
      Second visit: December, 2011 (Christmas and New Years together!)
      Third visit together: August, 2012
      Fourth visit: December 2012 (Christmas and New Years together!)
      Fifth visit: July 2013 (2 weeks here in Canada)
      Sixth visit: December 2013 (Christmas and New Years together again and I finally met his mother!)
      Next visit: Unknown... for now but coming up ASAP

Comment

Congratulations!
        I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Congratulations!!!

Comment

Congrats and best of luck to you both!!
            Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Congrats and best wishes.

Comment

That is SO incredibly sweet!! Congratulations on closing the distance and your happiness!!
                Jacob&Heather

Met: June 2019
                Dating: December 2019
                First Meeting: April 2020 (Coming soon!)

"Simple as can be."
                - Florida Georgia Line -

Comment

Congratulations!! And hello to (now) TWO fellow Marylanders!!!
                  My motor runs a lover's heartbeat
                  It's just me and you
                  Put the pedal to the metal
                  Baby, turn the radio on
                  We can run to the far side of nowhere
                  We can run 'til the days are gone

Comment

CONGRATZ! Lovely story

Comment

Congrats on closing the distance from one Marylander to another! I know it says I'm in New York, but I'm moving back in May once I graduate. Wishing you many happy distance-free years!

Comment

That's so wonderful! I with you both all the best in your future. (I can't wait for those feelings too!)

Comment

Working...
                        X