No announcement yet.

How long before closing the distance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sooooon, so soon! In 16 days!!! Very excited!
    It will be just temporarily closed though... If he doesn't find a job that he wants around this area in a year, he'll have to go back to finish his degree and stay until a job comes by. If he does find a job here than he'll just have to go back for a couple of months (one semester) - to officially finish his studies. Who knows what happens with my studies (I'm not ready to leave school just yet), I might do another program after I finish my Masters next year, but maybe I'll just follow him around - not completely decided yet... I don't really want to live in the US, but neither does he, so we'd get out of it eventually. Whatever distant future brings, we'll be together from mid May until September 2014 for sure!

Comment

Going to be a while unfortunately... looking at maybe getting married November 2014 and then going the spousal visa route which would be anothing 6-11 months after that. So wont be until mid to late 2015 at this stage
      ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

It will be on June 14th so 46 days! <3

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
        Back Together: August 1,2012
        First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
        Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
        Engaged: January 17,2013
        Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
        Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
        We Got Married! - July 3,2014
        SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
        Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

We were together for 6 months before we went LD. She graduated from veterinary school in May of 2011, and then got a 1 year small animal rotating internship at Virginia Tech (internships are very difficult to get and prestigious for DVM's). I would go visit her every month usually flying out on thursday and then flying back on tuesday. In July of 2012, we moved her to Denver to close the distance. And now we're have to go LD again, I lost my job in January and the only jobs I could find were in Texas. It looks like we'll be LD again for a year.

Comment

My SO and I lived together a little over 6 months before we went long distance today. We will closed the distance again when he returns in 6 months (hopefully).

Comment

15 days.

Comment

Closing the distance tomorrow. That's exactly one year.
                Our separation so abides, and flies,
                That thou, residing here, go'st yet with me,
                And I, hence fleeting, here remain with thee.

Comment

Why haven't I answered this already?
                  We met close distance, then were long distance for 2 years and a month. Closed the distance for 7 months, went long distance again for 4 months and now we've been close distance for 4 months and hope to stay that way.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

We closed the distance about a month ago after 10 months together.

Comment

Hopefully, we'll have closed the distance before the end of this year. So after meeting, it'll have been about 1.5 years. But if it doesn't go according to plan, it'll probably be another 3 years.

First met: June 2012
                      Became Committed: June 04, 2012
                      Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
                      Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

Update: We just closed the distance on 6/15/13 after being together 10 1/2 months

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
                        Back Together: August 1,2012
                        First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
                        Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
                        Engaged: January 17,2013
                        Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
                        Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
                        We Got Married! - July 3,2014
                        SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
                        Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

We dated for about 10 months before he had to move for orders (he's military). I have a job obligation here for another year (it was go in debt or finish the commitment). It looks like it'll be between 1-1.5 years of long distance before I can move to California. We do already have a month behind us though!
                          sigpic

Comment

mine is likely to be 4 years as we both have degrees to complete and then he's doing his masters down in Cornwall (hopefully!) so four years till he moves to London (: at least its something to look forward to!

Comment

I have no idea when the distance can be closed, if ever. He has to finish university college + he has work (starting another season in February). That will take at least a full year. He is coming here for the first time after new year. If anyone relocates I think it will be him; I don't speak Turkish and I would have a hard time finding a University job there regardless. I don't need for the distance to close soon, actually if he should reloate I think it would be better to take it slowly. We have been discussing the possability of him coming here on a student Visa next year. Then he could "test wasters" here without having to move her permanently.
                              I made love to him only twice, she thought and looked at the man laying asleep beside her. And yet still it is as if we have been together forever, as if he has always known my life, my soul, my body, my light, my pain
                              - Paulo Coelho, "Eleven minutes"

"Bız yüzyılın aşkı vardır" - We have dated since Sept. 2013. To see our full story, click here https://members.lovingfromadistance....and-our-visits

Comment

Hopefully within the next year. We're just needing to find an apartment before we start the application process for me to move, but I've heard the wait for the application to process is 10 months right now.
                                sigpic

To read our love story, click here.

Comment

Working...
                                X