so much work to do..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so much work to do..

My fiance and I are about to start the process soon of a fiance visa and get married here in the states..its so much that has to be done but was wondering if anyone else is going through this process too?

Girrrrrrrrrrrrrrl, I went through it...and let me tell you. It's stressful as hell and takes a long time, but it's so worth it the wait and work! My husband and I prepared all the stuff together for the K-1 packet I sent during our long, summer holiday in 2011. I mailed it off in June of 2011 and he was approved January 5th. He had his interview in the embassy in Moscow on Valentine's day this year, and got here on March 8th. We were married April 7th. It looks so simple and short all typed out, but lemme tell ya, it can really stress you out and it took forever. Not trying to scare you, but trying to prepare you for the process. :P Join Visajourney.com and read all the guides. They were absolutely indispensable to us! Search the forum for any posts about any questions you may have to see if your question has been answered before.

Also, be sure you're both involved in the process. My hubs and I worked on everything together. It's better, even if it has to be done through lots of scans and Skype chats (it's a good idea to do it in person together during a visit if you can), to have that second set of eyes double-check everything. Include as much evidence of your relationship as possible. They say to send about 10 photos. We sent 20. :P Try to send photos with you guys and other people in them if possible, like his family or friends. Consulate officers who review the case like to see things like that. We printed out tons of chat logs for various dates (we put a few per month in there), emails, scans of cards and letters in the mail, and our phone records (we used Skype to call each other on the phone, and you can actually print your phone record on Skype so it shows that you were calling your SO's country often). They also need evidence that you've met in person within 2 years of applying, so copies of tickets, the stamp in your passport, and anything else that can prove you went to him in the last 2 years will be a big help. The long and short of it is that they want to see evidence that you were together in person fairly recently and that your relationship is ongoing.

If you have any questions about it, fire away. If I can't help, then the folks on Visajourney sure can! It was a stressful process, but it was well worth the wait to finally close the distance! Having him here with me is the greatest blessing ever! I wish you the best of luck on your Visa journey!

EDIT: I forgot to add that the US Consulate in the UK has tougher officers than some other consulates, so it's best to be armed to the teeth with irrefutable evidence of your relationship when he does finally get his interview. Visas have been denied to people from the UK. In fact, it's good to be aware that some people in legit relationships get their visas denied in many consulates. In these cases it's always best to have a back-up plan. Again, not trying to scare you. Merely trying to inform and prepare you for all possibilities.
    Last edited by SquishyLove; November 4, 2012, 03:33 PM.

Comment

I also went through it (I'm from Canada), although we haven't used the visa yet. But we sent in our K-1 packet in March, got our NOA2 at the end of July, and I did my interview at the beginning of September. SquishyLove honestly said everything I would have said about the process. Visa Journey is a must. But I can also answer any questions you have, either here or if you want to PM me.

Good luck!

Comment

Working...
      X