Nervious about first meet!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nervious about first meet!

Oh yeah! I'm nervios for it, but I wonder if its normal. I mean I'm going to go visit the girl that I've connected with for so long but will only see for the first time then. Any tips or stories about first meets?

It felt weird for a bit when I first met my SO in real life. We got past it, I don't think it is that unusual. Enjoy yourself.
    "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
    Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I was with my SO for nearly 2 years by the time we met for the first time, and I was crazy nervous! From start to finish, I spent 22 hours traveling/in airports, and not once was I able to relax, both because I was excited and nervous. It's TOTALLY normal!

You're gonna love it. Just be yourself. Don't try to make things work a certain way or how you imagined them in your head-- just let them play out, like you're meeting an old friend.
      Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
      Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
      Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

Totally nervous to be normal. I actually knew my SO in person before we started dating, but we've never lived close. We dated for about a month before the first face to face visit and I was a nervous wreck. Four years later I still get butterflies before every visit. It's a good thing- it means the meeting matters.

Don't create too many expectations for yourself or your SO. Like kittyo9 said (I seem to be agreeing with you a lot today) just be yourself and let things work out in whatever way they do. Let it be awkward and uncomfortable and enjoy it. This is your first meeting!!!! It's exciting and new. I look forward to hearing how everything goes.

Comment

I agree with not setting too many expectations. It most likely will be like nothing you planned for anyway. I was insanely nervous before meeting my fiance for the first time and he told me that he was also nervous. The first 5 or so minutes were a bit awkward, but then he touched my hand and all of that melted away. It may not happen that quickly for you, but I'm sure everything will be fine. Just be yourself and go there with an open mind. This is an exciting time!

Comment

It's totally natural to be feeling nervous! Like peeps have been saying, don't have any expectations, just take it one step at a time & I'm sure everything will be hunky dory......

I met my future husband for the first time in an American prison, so not only did I feel nervous about meeting him for the first time and locked up, but had deal with the C/O's, getting frisked and not having much physical contact.....Lol.....I sometimes wonder whether I was sane or not at the time....lol.......

Started Writing - February 2010
            First Visit - September 2010
            Second Visit - June 2011
            Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
            Our Wedding Day - April 2012
            Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
            NOA1 - July 2012
            NOA2 - December 2012
            Fourth Visit - December 2012
            Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

even though i knew my SO as a friend for 6+ years...before we actually started our relationship july 4th of this year...i met her in person for the first time this last september...and i was a bit nervous...as was she...but that all went away as soon as we embraced that first time at the airport...i could feel her shaking at first...but i could feel it quickly go away as we held that embrace...

Comment

Thank you all for the kind words.
                Also, WI whattup!!

Comment

I met my SO only about a month after meeting him online. That might have been crazy on my part, but sometimes I'm impulsive. I was very glad I did. I flew to him and I was fairly nervous. I wasn't that nervous though. I think that was because we had talked every day of that month for sometimes up to 5 hours or more. I agree with everyone else on here. Don't have expectations as to what it is going to be like. I think that will set you up to be disappointed. Go into it with an open mind. My visit was incredible and I loved every minute of it! So much so that I couldn't wait to get back again. It's perfectly natural to be nervous, but it can be great once you meet. Good luck with everything!

Comment

Like NikkiDeAnn75, I met mine after a short online relationship. We've seen each other every 2 weeks since!
                    Just remember that she will be just as nervous as you are! And I agree with everyone else, don't set your expectations too high, just go with the present. Good luck!!

Comment

Working...
                    X