Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An audacious plan to win the heart of the girl i love... What should i do [very long]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

An audacious plan to win the heart of the girl i love... What should i do [very long]

I feel like i'm going to write a bit of a book here, so please bear with me. I want to write EVERYTHING, so everyone can get where i'm coming from. I will appreciate anyone's help or ideas. This is my first ever post here.

if you just want to read the short(er) version, just skip to part 2. If you want to read the background story as well, then read part 1 as well. Thanks for your time.

Before i begin, i want to say I'm almost 18, and i've known this beautiful girl (inside and out) since i was 14.. Lets call her Rose. She lives in East-Asia now. Unfortunately, this is because of her parents wanting to send her to a very good boarding school which she lives every day of the week there (apart from Sundays).

[Part 1]

To start off, we began just using email to speak to each other. We started off as friends, but by accident, things just became more than friendship, and eventually we became 'a couple' back in 2010. Things started off really romantically, and we would read each other our own bedtime stories over the phone, and speak for hours about anything, and leaving each other morning texts the morning afterwards. Her mum knew about it, and she was fine about it. Sometimes i would speak to her mum on the phone when Rose came back from school on a Sunday, and she was a bit busy to speak just then. But English is not her native language, so i had to work hard to learn their native language!

Then school started, and she wasn't able to use her phone once she started school, and i began to hear from her less. Maybe about once or twice a week. I felt a bit agitated, and i questioned her about it because i missed her. We got into our first little argument about it (i know it's very petty, but we never had an argument since. We've always been very open and understanding.) At the end, she said that she lost her feelings for me, and would prefer to go back as being friends. She said she was so sorry. I had to accept what she said (what else could i do?!).

That was October 2 years ago.

We continued writing by email occasionally. Maybe about once a week. Until valentines day 2011 a few months later, i wrote her a poem that i still loved her and i would do anything for her. She wrote back saying that she was 'crying like a baby' and was so happy that she was with me again. I thought it was a miracle that she still loved me and i was so happy she said that too. We stayed together for over a year after that. She would send me lots of beautiful little handmade gifts over the post, and she was very romantic and adorable again, even though we couldn't keep in touch regularly when she had school.

[She said that when summer 2013 came, and when we no longer had school (we would both be 18), i am welcome to visit her and stay the whole summer with her.]

[Part 2]

However, by Summer 2012, her feelings again started to wane noticeably. I asked her about it, and she said that she just didn't have those feelings anymore. She said she was sorry, but wanted to be with me still as a friend because i was 'the most important person in her life'. So by then, i would (again like before) remain in touch, hoping that some day, things will be different. She treated me as her best friend the whole summer, and would write paragraphs all about her day whenever she wrote to me. But that was the summer, (and like before) when school began, her contact decreased to only once a month, or more. She was in her last year of school, so she had twice as much work to do than before. She couldn't even be with her friends or parents regularly.

This week, i hadn't heard from her for almost 2 months, so i asked one of her friends if she was alright, she said that she was fine, but had been very busy with her schoolwork. When i heard from her a few days ago, she sent me an email titled 'sorry'. She said it was a while since she had spoken to me,and she was sorry if she had made me worried. She was very busy with a very tight schedule, so she didn't have time for anything but studying.
    She said she thought a lot about 'us' and she didn't know where it went wrong, but it wasn't the same again, and she doesn't feel anything. It could be because she was too busy for this. But she said she couldn't do this anymore,and she needed to tell me otherwise she would feel more sorry and guilty. She said she had to move on, and had a thorough and serious thought about it, but she would never forget me. She ended the email with saying it would be best if we didn't talk anymore. She wished me well and said it was time for us to move on.

The last few days had been really weird. Not very depressed, just very numb to everything. But the melancholy of it meant i had the chance to think really hard of what happened. Whether she was right, or not. And after some thinking late at night, i realised that what i truly 'wanted to do', was to win her heart again.
    She isn't the kind of girl i could just 'give up' on. I've known and liked many girls before her, but since I've known her, i know the difference between like and love. I don't know how to do it, but i know that i have 3/4 of a year left to think of something, and i hope that is plenty of time. I just have to pray for another miracle. The thing that is on my side is, by the end of this school year (summer 2013), there will be no more school to keep her this busy.

My plan is to surprise her this summer by saving up the money to see her. (as you can see, it'svery basic so far)

I was thinking doing this by either:

1). Visiting her mum first in Rose's home just before she graduates, and hopefully surprise Rose in her home when she arrives back from school following graduation. (This will be courteous towards her mum, acknowledging my feelings towards her daughter and asking her permission to date her. This is a bit of a 'high risk-high reward' situation. If she says yes, then winning Rose's heart should be okay with her mum's approval. But if she says no (which she is well in her rights to say), then it's a bit hopeless. We got along well, but her daughter is her priority of course, and she hasn't got much of a reason to say yes to me.

2). Visiting her outside her school gate on her day of graduation. I hope that the element of surprise will favour me in the hope that the surprise and excitement in just seeing me again and meeting each other will bring the spark back. Again, this is a bit risky, as if this is going to happen, it needs to be as 'un-awkward' as possible. If she is walking home with friends all around her, i can't just walk up to her and say 'hello, here i am. I came 6000 miles for you'. And i can't just jump out from behind her either. ...Oh, i don't know...

The reason why i'm asking this, is because i know she still has feelings for me. Just the embers of what was a fire. But those embers won't go out, because it's only because she 'doesn't believe' that we can be together, and the workload of schoolwork every day means that she hasn't the time to think about us each day, or maintain our relationship. The chances of a relationship between us surviving this year is nil. But i don't care, because i want to be with her in the long-term, and hopefully more than a boyfriend one day. So she's worth the risk i want to take. If i can just make her 'believe' again, with school out of the way this summer, i believe that i will find a way into her heart again. I just have to hope a miracle will happen twice.

So, what can i do to win her heart? Does anyone have any improvements to my ideas, or anything else to say? I know that most people would just let go. But I'm not most people. Especially when there's still a glimmer of hope left.

n.b. If this helps, i have another friend who lives in a neighboring city of hers. She is a girl a few years older than I. She knows about my feelings for this girl, but doesn't know her personally. I will visit her this summer too.

thanks again for your time.

I read it all

And I think there's hope for you two, but surprise visiting her isn't necessarily the way to go about it. You don't surprise visit people in different countries who you've never met in person and who are currently not speaking to you. That's stalkerish, for a start.

So, I'd be contacting her a couple of weeks or so before you go visit your other friend and say "Hey, I'm going to be in your area and because we were so close for so long, I'd like to finally meet you in person. Will you let me take you out for dinner/coffee?" or something along those lines.

I know, not as dramatic and romantic, but I think you have better chances of not seeming like a creeper. And I think if the opportunity to see you was right there in front of her, she'd take it.
    Then if you wanted to, on the day you meet up, organise for flowers to be waiting for her when she gets home or something, to make your more-than-friendship intentions clearer.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Im with Zephii on this one. I think that your feelings for her are pretty evident and I admire your devotion to this girl. Its really sweet that you are willing to travel for her and work on making a relationship work. However, huge romantic gestures like surprise visits around the world only really work if you guys are a couple. The way you described things, I think it would be a better idea to do what Zephii said and contact her before you go. Let her know you'll be in town and that it would be great to meet her in person and talk over coffee/dinner.
      Good luck!

Comment

I am afraid of how you will feel if you go over there and she is with someone else. She broke things off a few times and wanted to "move on". This worries me that it is code word for "I already have". I would be cautious. I think it could go either way.
        "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
        Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Thanks everyone! Yes, i think it would be best to tell her beforehand. But i'm not sure how i go about that. I don't have her phone number anymore (her parents have taken it away from her for the studying), and she's no longer checking her emails more than once every 2 months or so. I think the best way may be to speak to her mum beforehand while Rose is at school, and if she would be okay with it. I hope so. I don't think she would be dating someone else because of how busy she is.
          Again, thanks for your help

Comment

Dear Yuucihi,

Look, i know you already thanked everyone. And kinda closed the conversation. But i wish to add something to this topic from someone who knows where your coming from in a way. My SO and i have known each other for god... 8-9 years. And she had asked me out so many years before i asked her myself after i finally relised i had deeper feelings for her then i thought i had all those years. And at the time i realised my feelings she had been dating one of my best friends. Tho we had been in a almost year long fight, myself and my dear friend, at the time. I respected my SO and did not mention my feelings for her at the time.

A while later my SO and my good friend broke up yet again. And after a while i started to slowly hint at my feelings for her. I had always been there for her when i could so that hadnt been the best way to show her. So i started to hint with slightly out of character for me to do towards friends more romantic stuff or wording. If i could of i would of sent her flowers. and if i hadnt been so self consince of my writing at the time i might of tried to write her one of my poems or songs. Like i do now adays. (i would be willing to help you with one of either if you need it just ask.)

I guess what im trying to tell you is to do what you think is right. feel free to pm me about ideas or help

Comment

This is a tough situation.

I'm not an expert but my advice is that; Tell her that you want to start again as friends. Tell her don't run away. She's really a Lucky Girl if only she knows that.

I want to help you on this but i really don't know bro.

But yeah maybe, try to be friends again, I think she's not ready to a relationship now because of the school thing. I think she feels pressured? Ask her bro. If she replied pressured then start from a scratch, as 'Friends'. Tell her whenever she needs you, you will always there for her, even not by physical but as a friend who can always listen everytime she has a problem.

Give her time and don't give up.
              After all that we've been through, It all comes down to me and you.
              I guess it's meant to be, Forever you and me, After all.

Comment

EDIT: Anyway, i was doing a lot of thinking since i last posted, and thought the way i was going to go about this was to first send her a postcard on her birthday, saying that i will visit my friend, and while i'm in the area, i hope to visit her. (taking a 5500 mile trip just to see her might be a bit intimidating for her, or she might find it romantic, i don't know. So i just said i'll be seeing a friend even though i'm travelling there for her in truth!)

I thought this would be the best way to take the 'surprise' element out of the meeting, as most people who have replied didn't think that would be a good idea! I will probably write it along with a poem to soften her heart a bit.

I'll knock on the door of her house when her daughter is still at school (but on a day which i know she'll return home) and greet the mum who will probably be in. I'll introduce myself to her and ask how her day was. Then, i'll say i'm visiting my friend who lives in the neighboring city, but i want to visit her daughter while i'm in her city to give her a birthday present (her birthday will be a few weeks before, so i think it's quite reasonable to give her a present then). Then, i'll ask her if i can wait for her in the house to give the present, if the mum is not too busy. Hopefully, she'll say yes, and when she returns back from school, she'll see me, and will be pleasantly surprised (hopefully!). Which is when i can give my present, and ask for a date, to catch up on old times.

Furthermore, i know that once my trip is over, and i go back to my home country, it kind of defeats the purpose of winning her heart if we're going to be stuck in the same cycle of a long distance relationship (it seems as though 3 years was too much for her, so it will be wrong of me to ask her to wait for my another 3 years while we're both in university).

So, instead of going university, i'm thinking of living with her in the city she will study in (i will suggest that we could perhaps live in the same apartment?). Although i'm 18, i'm a part-time artist, and sell my paintings to local galleries. So i thought it would be a good idea if i will do the same thing with her in her city, and maybe as an english teacher for extra money. I thought about it in all seriousness, and decided that i would rather take a risk and do this to be with her as a boyfriend (and hopefully more one day), than spend 3 years in university. Yes, i may have a degree, but i'll prefer a simple life with her, than a safe one with anyone else.
                I will tell her this when i'm on a date with her, to prove that our relationship has indeed got a direction, and i won't have to be away from her anymore.
                Last edited by yuucihi; November 2, 2012, 10:00 AM.

Comment

That's a good idea.

Planning the CD, the one must sacrifice his/her work or lifestyle. Goodluck in your trip there bro. Hope everything will gonna be just fine.
                  After all that we've been through, It all comes down to me and you.
                  I guess it's meant to be, Forever you and me, After all.

Comment

Thanks everyone! still thinking things through.

Comment

Working...
                    X