Missing him:/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing him:/

i constantly miss my baby even though we have never met in all of our year and 4 months of dating i wanna know what its like to close the distance and maybe some advice on how to persuade my mother to let me see him sooner.

Honestly, from my personal experience, if you aren't closing the distance permanently, it gets a bit harder and you miss them a bit more once you have met them in person. I'm not trying to dissuade you in any way though, it's completely worth it! As for how to convince your mother, how old are you? That could play a big factor on convincing her.
    "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
    This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
    Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

If I remember correctly from a previous post... you're 15, engaged, and haven't told your parents you're engaged/have a promise ring?

Tell your parents, if you haven't already. Tell them everything. If you want to be treated like an adult, you have to act like one. This means honestly. Complete and total honesty. AND, if they say no, not throwing a temper tantrum/fit. I was 15 once, I remember what it was like. (I threw fits. Often.) If they say no, you have to accept what their decision is. Do NOT go behind their backs and try to see him anyway-that will just get you in more trouble. A lot more trouble.

I hope you make the right decision.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
      Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
      Progress: Working on it.

Comment

I agree that you should tell your mom ASAP. Just be honest and tell her everything. Give her some time to process it all (if she knows nothing about it). She may react badly at first, but warm up to the idea eventually. If you act mature about it, your actions will say a lot.

Comment

What it's like to close the distance hugely depends on where you are in your life. My SO and I are both in our mid-20s and working, so we moved in together straight after moving to the same city. It has been perfect and different, and happy because we're both in the right place in our lives, and we were both ready for it

Love will not betray you, dismay or enslave you, it will set you free

Met: Cork, Ireland - December 31, 2009 • Started Dating: Cork, Ireland - May 22, 2010 • Became LD: July 15, 2010 • My Move From Canada to UK: October 26, 2011
          Closed the distance June 18, 2012!

Comment

Working...
          X