Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Long-distance blues! Help us out? (:

Hey what's up you guys,

I'm Alec from Beijing, China. I'm currently in a long-distance relationship with my Dutch boyfriend of 2 years, as he is living in London while I am finishing up my studies here in China. It's been a year and a half since we've last seen each other, and we've been scraping together whatever we can to save up for his trip here. We are looking forward to spending Christmas together.

We've recently signed up to this website allowing us to collect donations we will use for the funding of my boyfriend's plane ticket. Money's been tight, and only now are we feeling the real weight of the 5,071 miles in between us. For a whole year and a half, this has been dragging us down and I would do anything just to be able to hold his hand again for five seconds. I'm very glad that I came across this website, because right now I'm in desperate need of support from you guys. We could really use the help!

Here is our site:
    (triple-w dot)gofundme(dot com)/longdistanceblues

(Gah! It won't let me post links.) Your generosity would be very much appreciated. If you're in the same position as we're in right now, which is frighteningly strapped for cash, please help us out by forwarding this link to a number of your friends. Even a measly dollar really would go a long way right now in boosting his moral, because we haven't had many people swinging by our page lately. That would be awesome. Give us a hand by getting this passed around!

Thanks a bunch! (:

Alec

(Beeteedubs guys, we are a monogamous gay couple in a very committed relationship. Love is love, and if any of you have opinions going against our lifestyle- I'll accept that, but please keep it to yourself. Be nice. Kay?) (:
    Last edited by chaitea17; November 9, 2012, 06:20 AM.

Are you friggin' serious? You join a site full of people struggling to find their own means of traveling to see the ones they love, you have two whole posts btw, and ask for money??? Sorry to be rude, but screw you.
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

HAHAHAHA

I'm struggling to fUnd my own trips as it is.

HAHAHAHA
      Last edited by Tooki; November 9, 2012, 05:58 PM.

Comment

I have to agree with the above 2 posters. Come on... seriously? If we had the $$ to "donate" to you, don't you think we'd see our loved ones more often?

Comment

No. . . .

Comment

The majority of members on here are struggling to find the funds to pay for their trips, so they can't afford to help you out I'm afraid. This forum is to support each other through the tough times and that would include the times that they don't get to see their SO's!! I think it's somewhat rude of you to come on here and ask everyone to dip in their pockets to fund your boyfriends trip...Deal with the fact that he can't come over, we all have to deal with our own situations.....

Started Writing - February 2010
            First Visit - September 2010
            Second Visit - June 2011
            Third Visit & His Release Date - February 2012
            Our Wedding Day - April 2012
            Submitted I-130 Visa Application - July 2012
            NOA1 - July 2012
            NOA2 - December 2012
            Fourth Visit - December 2012
            Closing The Distance - Watch this space

Comment

Not trying to be rude or anything, but have you ever considered that maybe you should post a bit more before even thinking about asking people for money? No one here knows you or your relationship.. I would much prefer to donate to one of the people that have been here for a while and actually post. Well, ya know, if I wasn't trying to save money for my own trip. Either way, good luck with your venture, I suppose.

Also, if you had taken the time to actually look around the forum you would see that no one is going to have a different opinion of your relationship because you are gay. Actually, there is a whole subforum here dedicated to just that, LGBT long distance relationships!
              Last edited by XxFranticLovexX; November 9, 2012, 10:00 AM.
              "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
              This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
              Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

I am damn near going bankrupt trying to see my SO. If you want to beg for money, do it on the street or better yet take the time you are spending doing it and go get another job. Flip burgers if you must, and btw, to insinuate that we are bigots on top of asking us for money is beyond insulting.

I hope they are teaching you some much needed manners and/or class over there.
                "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Hollandia View Post
                  I am damn near going bankrupt trying to see my SO. If you want to beg for money, do it on the street or better yet take the time you are spending doing it and go get another job. Flip burgers if you must, and btw, to insinuate that we are bigots on top of asking us for money is beyond insulting.

I hope they are teaching you some much needed manners and/or class over there.
                  Well said!

Comment

People on here take offense to randomers asking for money, it has nothing to do with being straight or gay, so don't try and insult us any more please

If you were an active member who bothered to contribute to our community, you'd probably get less of a cold response. As it is, most couples on here are struggling to scrape every penny to see their partners, without resorting to begging other members for money. Seriously this was rude, and not what this forum is for.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
                    <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
                    The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
                    <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
                    <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
                    Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
                    Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X