silly moving question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

silly moving question

Hello all, I just have a silly question for those of you who have already closed the distance. We are closing the distance in January and I will be moving in with him. I've moved several times in the past, but not more than 50 miles away. I will be going to see him a few more times before I actually move for good for the holidays, for my new job, etc. I'm thinking about beginning to take some things up to his house. Now, he doesn't mind at all, in fact, he welcomes it because that is just less things we have to pack and carry on moving day. But my question is what do I take? I don't want to leave my apartment bare, but I feel like I should be doing something. I should be packing something. I only live in a 2BR apartment so I don't have a ton of stuff. I've already taken my summer clothes and I've left many daily things up there.
    How about yall? When did you begin packing or taking things to your other home (if you were able to travel that often)?

I haven't closed the distance, but if it were me, I'd be taking things like my books, knick-knacks, pictures, kitchen stuff that doesn't get a lot of use, things I have extras of like towels, sheets, blankets, etc. January is pretty close, so I think you're in good shape to take plenty and still be comfortable for the time being. Good luck!
    Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

oohh, I didn't even think of towels, and stuff like that. The kitchen stuff, we'll use his big stuff & give mine (toaster, Foreman Grill, etc) away to a friend who is young & getting her own place around the time I'm moving. I guess I can take some books and such. Didn't really want to empty all the walls just yet. But I could take some stuff down. Thanks!!

Comment

When I moved, I wasn't able to do multiple trips. So I brought what I could in 2 suitcases and a small duffel bag! But, like Moon said, January isn't so far away. So I would just take as much as possible now: clothes you don't wear very often, decorative things, etc. Basically anything you can live without for 2-3 months.

Congrats on closing the distance soon!

Comment

I can live without quite a bit for a couple months. I'm thinking about doing my books this trip. And maybe some wall things as well. uugghh, Moving (under ANY circumstance) is a pain!! But, it will be well worth it!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X