This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I need some advice..USA Visa

I want to know if any of you have needed to get a USA tourist visa and could help me out..

Every time I have talked to someone about wanting to get my visa, they have been telling me it is unlikely i will get it because :
    1. I don't work
    2. I havent started college
    3. Don't own a house
    and therefore I cant really show that I have no intent on staying in the USA...

Is there anything else I could use to show that I only want it to visit?

Thanks for any help!
    Last edited by WeirdAddeh; November 13, 2012, 05:01 PM.

theres a thing called the "visa waiver program" in which tourists from countries that meet the neccessary security requirements don't need to get a visa.
    this might be an option for you although from what i've heard, i'm not sure Mexico would be one of those countries

VWP site: travel(dot)state(dot)gov/visa/temp/without/without_1990.html (sorry, remove the (dots). i can't post links yet.)

at a glance it doesn't look like you're going to get much help but have a dig around and you might find something

best of luck

Comment

How long would you be going to the US for? I had to get a visa to visit my SO for 3 weeks, and it was fine. A tourist visa (or what I think you mean...) for short stays are just granted to practically everyone, you just have to pay for it. If you want to stay there for more than 3 months or want to work/live there, then that's a problem but I don't know anything about that either. Google is your friend

Comment

I don't know anything about US visas and I don't want to discourage you, but from what I've read on here ... I think it might be difficult for you.

Ask kitty09. Her boyfriend tried twice (?) to get a vistor visa to the US and was refused both times. And he did go to university.
        You could still try and maybe you're lucky.
        I would probably look into options of either having your SO visit you or you both meeting somewhere else, instead of (possibly) wasting a lot of money.

Być tam, zawsze tam, gdzie Ty.

Comment

Originally posted by MissButterfly View Post
          A tourist visa (or what I think you mean...) for short stays are just granted to practically everyone, you just have to pay for it.
          For practically everyone from certain countries Most of the people I know (I live in W. Africa) who have tried to get visas, were denied. Any US visa is really hard to get when you're from certain high-risk countries.

Like Dziubka said, you can try. But I think it's a good idea to come up with a plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by jaekh View Post
            theres a thing called the "visa waiver program" in which tourists from countries that meet the neccessary security requirements don't need to get a visa.
            Mexico is not eligible to participate in the VWP. Generally any country that has a high number of immigrants to the US is not eligible.

Originally posted by Dziubka View Post
            Ask kitty09. Her boyfriend tried twice (?) to get a vistor visa to the US and was refused both times. And he did go to university.
            You could still try and maybe you're lucky.
            I would probably look into options of either having your SO visit you or you both meeting somewhere else, instead of (possibly) wasting a lot of money.
            True story!

Unfortunately, you don't have much going for you. If you have the money to spend, you can try (I have heard and read of people who just walk in and get a visa without having anything, which makes me angry, but maybe you'll get lucky), but your best bet is to look into other plans until you can change your situation. Mexico is considered a "high risk" country for illegal immigrants, so you've unfortunately got the same bias against you that my boyfriend has.

The only thing I can think of that would help you is having a return plane ticket and confirmed hotel reservations, but even then, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't let you in, and then you lose everything you spent on it.

It would be much easier the other way around. Trust me, I want my SO to come here to visit more than anything-- to meet my family, my friends, see my school and where I live-- but that's not going to happen until either he (a) gets into grad school here, (b) proposes to me and comes here for the wedding, or (c) gets married to me.

Also I just noticed this post is from November 13th, lol.
            Canadian permanent residence APPROVED!
            Closed the Distance: 09/26/2019
            Engaged: 09/26/2020

Comment

As you are right now there is no way. You may try showing your parents income, show them that they have the necessary to support you right now and while you are there. Do not buy any tickets or pay for anything in advance, that doesn't guarantee anything. Americans have a visa free access to Mexico, your partner will have to visit you.

Comment

Is it possible for you two to meet in another country? I think the fact that you have zero ties to your country will make it that much harder to get a visa.

Comment

Working...
                X