Perfectly ready to close the distance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perfectly ready to close the distance

Well, March is nearly around the corner. We plan to close the distance then. It's looking like I'm on the right course. About half my kitchen stuff has been shipped (he has all the furniture), and by the time March rolls around I'll have my taxes filed, and have saved enough money for 6 months of living expenses. I'll be packing two suitcases full of clothes and my most important personal belongings, and I'll be hopping on an airplane and away I'll go. I've given my closest friends and my family a good talking to, assuring them I'm not leaving them forever. I'll come back to visit, and skype all the time, and they know how much this means to me, and they give me their full support. A long distance friendship is nothing quite as difficult as a long distance relationship. Still, me being young and all (21 the be exact), I can't help but feel a bit nervous. I've never been away from home before, like literally I've always lived with my parents, never even in my own apartment. So this nervousness is normal for that, right? It's not just the moving across the country thing, I figure it's the newfound independence as well. My parents say that their door is always open, but I am determined not to fail. What does one do in order to not fail when they first start living on their own? Find a job asap, I know that. On the happy note though, I'm glad this is happening soon. I can't wait for a new chapter in my life, even if it's a nerve wracking one, at least I will always have the support of my friends, family, and now the mental AND physical support of my SO. : 3

A few things... First of all, I'm in my 30's and will be closing the distance in January. That alone is scary enough as, like you, I will be the one moving to him.
    Moving out of your parents house for the first time is scary and overwhelming. Combine the 2 and I'm sure you're feeling some stress!!
    My little advise to you for living on your own (with your SO but without patents) is, yes, find a job. Stay on top of your bills and keep communication open with your SO. Since your parents are supportive, talk to them & get their advise as well. Keep in mind that they'll be there for you if need them.
    Don't let life's little daily stresses (about $ or finding a job) get in the way of loving your SO. It's so easy to get hung up on the little things. And have fun!! You're young, and just starting your life, make the best of it!!! Good luck to you & your SO!

Comment

I know it is, yesterday we had a tiny little squabble about money, but we settled it in a civilized manner and all is well. I'm mostly just excited the more I think about it, even though we won't have much when we start out, it's like that for most people. Thank you for for the good luck wishes iHeartt. : 3 PM me or something and let me know how it goes when you close the distance. ^^ You can talk to me to if ever you need someone to vent to. However you're going to get there, have a safe trip. : D

Comment

Working...
      X