Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We closed the distance but it was a little weird...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We closed the distance but it was a little weird...

I can't believe the day finally came and earlier than we both expected! It was so strange, surreal even. I didn't even know what to do or say, I just walked up and hugged him for a few minutes. Then things were a little weird for a while. I was so used to his voice and what it sounded like over the phone that his voice in person was a little strange. It took an hour or two to get used to it. It just felt like I had to convince my brain that this was the exact same person that I've been dating the last 6 or so months. Then when we started talking and I was showing him around our new town things started to click, you know? It was like I suddenly connected that the person who was over skype and the phone was actually standing in front of me. It's been a day now and things are almost exactly how they were (emotionally) during the LDR. I mean my feelings haven't changed at all, and I'm VERY happy and grateful that he's here, it was just a little weird. Has anyone else felt like this?
    “Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.”
    ― Marilyn Monroe

So you closed the distance the first time you met?

Met online: 1/30/11
    Met in person: 5/30/12
    Second visit: 9/12/12
    Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Congrats!

I was basically the same way when I first met my so. I shook his hand and then stood around awkwardly while everyone chatted and I tried to make myself comfortable and wrap my mind around the situation. Like you, after a few hours together (some spent alone, some spent with others) and a trip out around town everything started to fall into place and feel right. ^_^;

Originally posted by Dezface View Post
      I would be very cautious about doing this. I have a friend (whom I met online) that did this. She is now in a state miles away from her home with a man who refuses to pay for a divorce from his ex-wife, tells her what she can/can not wear, threatens to make her go back home every time he gets angry, constantly accuses her of cheating, and doesn't like for her to talk to anyone online (myself included, but she messages me occasionally anyway).. but she says that she loves him, so. To me it seems like a very controlling/emotionally abusive relationship but there is nothing that I can do about it. I've actually not heard from her in a few months and I've been wondering how she is.

Anyway, this is just a 'be cautious' reply I guess because all I have done is ramble. >_<;
      Last edited by XxFranticLovexX; December 16, 2012, 01:15 PM.
      "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
      This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
      Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

Originally posted by Dezface View Post
        I'm curious about this, too. From what you describe it sounds more like your first meet in person.
        February 2012 -- met online
        August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
        April 2013 -- met in person
        June 2013 -- broke up
        July 2013 -- back together
        August 2013 -- 2nd visit
        October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
        April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Originally posted by Benni View Post
          I'm curious about this, too. From what you describe it sounds more like your first meet in person.
          This is what I was thinking.
          I can't imagine closing the distance upon the first meeting.

First Met Online: October 2010
          First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
          Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
          First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
          Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
          Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
          Engaged!: June 1, 2013
          Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

Originally posted by MaPetiteCriCri View Post
            I can't believe the day finally came and earlier than we both expected!
            C'mon MaPetiteCriCri, where are you? We are interested in whether or not you meant you just met for the first time or did you close the distance?
            February 2012 -- met online
            August 2012 -- he said "I love you."
            April 2013 -- met in person
            June 2013 -- broke up
            July 2013 -- back together
            August 2013 -- 2nd visit
            October 20, 2013 -- He proposed!
            April 22, 2014 -- Married/closed the distance!

Comment

Hey there,
              Yes that is completely normal. i felt like that once eventhough we were childhood sweethearts and we knew each other in person already. I went away and it was 4 years before we saw each other physically again and the first day was so so strange. I almost didnt want him to touch me, I got worried that maybe we had outgrown each other because I was feeling so weird I had to ask him to leave and give me a day to sort myself. When he arrived the next day, we made out and it was like fire, suddenly I didnt know how I survived the 4 years without him by my side. The first day is a bit weird because you go from having no body that close physically to having them and your body gets overwhelmed I think. Take it one step at a time, you will be fine good luck.

Comment

Working...
              X