CR1 -marriage visa for immigration to the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CR1 -marriage visa for immigration to the US

I was wondering if anyone on here could answer my question. I had asked it on visajourney but no one replied

My husband is going to file the i-130 petition next month and is planning on coming to the UK in May for 2-3 months then going back to the states. We were wondering does anyone know whether he'll receive post during that time? I know that he'll receive post int he beginning but if we get our noa2 by May would he still get post after? Or is all correspondence shifted to my address in the UK? We're asking cause we'll need to ask someone to get his post. i know it's a whle away but i like to plan lol.

So is anyone applying for immigration visa to the states? Would love to hear stories etc

The only time you really NEED to get mail is if you get an RFE. (to my understanding) Everything else is done online.

But wait a minute... you're the one applying, not him. He lives in the USA, right? And you're moving to the USA? I think all the mail would go to YOU. Not 100% sure about that though...

Comment

after the noa2 i think it switches so you would get the mail, as it os then processed in london, but check out the forum at https://britishexpats.com/ they might know

Comment

well he's gotta start the petition to apply for me to go to the US. And kacie thanks i think you're right after noa2 it goes to me. Lets hope we can get my noa2 before he comes over in may XD

Comment

Originally posted by ChibiFelicia View Post
          well he's gotta start the petition to apply for me to go to the US. And kacie thanks i think you're right after noa2 it goes to me. Lets hope we can get my noa2 before he comes over in may XD
          Have you already applied? I'm pretty sure the wait time between NOA1 and NOA2 is like 4 or 5 months.

Comment

Working...
          X