1 Week...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1 Week...

I know I'm god awful at keeping up on the forums lately, I am sooooo busy. I have 1 week from today to get every last minute detail (packing, driving etc.) finished up before the move. This was terrible. I've never dealt with anything so tedious in my life. Everything that could have gone wrong has.

We had an apartment and a deposit and all the paper work done for it, and then we got a call saying we were approved and got a move in date months ago. A week ago we got a call saying never mind because the people in the apartment resigned their lease and we had no place to live. Nothing like being homeless two weeks before you move.

A lot of other awful things have happened BUT we're back on track now, and we SHOULD (given nothing else goes wrong) have a smooth move. I thought I would be more excited but I'm so stressed out that I'm not excited at all. Is this normal??? I have a job and every thing seems to be in pace, but Im stressed and scared to death. Any advice for me?

I'll try and keep up on this and let you all know how the move goes, keep your fingers crossed for me please. Miss you all!!!

-Jo

*crosses fingers and toes*

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

the stress must be completely normal... i went thru the exact same thing. seemed everything went to crap the week OF driving across country for us. we called to let the apartment manager know we were on our way only to find out they had switched managment companies and the new company had NO idea we were on our way. they ended up making us move into a different apartment than we had been told originally which messed up all of my mail changes ect that i had made. lots of stupid stuff followed moving in. they didnt have the apartment up to code to live in but didnt have another one for us. nightmare i tell you. but thankfully its slowly worked itself out.

just hang in there. the bumpy stuff will pass and you will see how worth it all of the stress was. I am finally starting to see it myself.

one bit of advice, dont take it out on each other. Kyle and I went thru that and are just now finally resolving our bickering that started during the move. Its a nasty rut to get into.

Comment

Thank you for that. I will try and keep it in mind. We really haven't fought about it. We argued for about 10 minutes last week, he's reallllllly good at calming my nerves and making me take a deep breath when I need to.

Comment

no problem hun.. keep us updated and let us know when you have the chance how things are working out.

Comment

Today is my day. It has been such a hard day. I cried all day saying goodbye to friends and family i've had all my life. I am looking forward to moving on and having a future. It was hard to say goodbye to the past though. Wish me luck.

Comment

awh, good luck!!

Comment

Congrats on finally getting there!! And best of luck for the future!

Comment

Congrats! Come tell us how you're going!!
                  Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Congratulations on the move! Best wishes with living together, i hope it works out brilliantly for both of you

Comment

This must be a stressful time! I can't even imagine...well until I have to do it. But good luck!!! I'm sure everything will work out

Comment

Okay, as of right now we won't have internet until Thursday or so. I'm on my phone lol. So far everything is going good. I'm not homesick yet and I'm really happy being here. I love our apartmet and were all settled in. Ill update more once I can use a real keyboard lol.

Comment

I think my absolute advice for anyone else that's getting rdy to move w the SO is plan, plan, plan. Its sooooooo helpful

Comment

Congrats on making the big move! I bet everything is just great for you right now

Comment

It seems so fake. I keep waiting to have to get back on a plane to go home. Things are great thus far, thanks for checking in.

Comment

Working...
                              X