Moving in together

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving in together

My SO and I have closed the distance but do not live together. I say "closed the distance" loosely as we started as a CD couple then life took over and we ended up on different parts of the country/world, so this is the second time we have closed the distance. We are soon to be LD again for a few months when he graduates.

I am planning on moving to be with him after I graduate in the summer. I would really like to live him once we close the distance for the 3rd time... I just have this paranoia in the back of mind. What if we break up? What if I've moved to a place where I don't know anyone to be with him and potentially sacrifice job opportunities becuase they're not available in that part of the country?

I know he wants to live in southern UK and I'm more than happy to live in south and I dont have too much of a preferance about where I live AS LONG as its a city/town that has strong links with some sort of bioscience industy... I'm worried he wont take this into account when looking for a job but he's so stressed about finding something that I dont think he's going to look into it much and I would feel awkward asking him not to apply to his dream job because I wouldnt be able to get a job in that area.

Any advice about how I can bring this up gently/get over my paranoia?
    Si tu n'etais pas la
    Comment pourrais-je vivre
    Je ne connaitrais pas
    Ce bonheur qui m'enivre
    Quand je suis dans tes bras
    Mon coeur joyeux se livre
    Comment pourrais-je vivre
    Si tu n'etais pas la

Love that will not betray you, dismay or enslave you. It will set you free.
    Home could be anywhere when I am holding you

"DONT RUIN MY DREAM OF MINITURE HIPPOS"

I think it's really important that you talk about that. You're both in this together.
    I'm not sure why this is a sensitive topic for you but maybe you could start telling him about your research a to where it'll be possible for you to find a Job and that it would probably be a good idea to take a look where he could go and compare it and find something that is ok for both of you. Tell him your worries that you're afraid you might be ld again.

Comment

I agree that you two need to have a long serious chat about this. Your career is equally as important as his, and it's important that you live in town where both your careers will flourish, or you'll either be forced into LD again, or risk you being unhappy due to being forced into a mediocre job which you settle for.

Why don't you also help him along with the search and look into a place where you two can easily find a job and suggest it to him

Hope it all goes well!

Comment

Working...
      X