We did it!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We did it!

Well, we closed the distance! Luke arrived in the US on January 26th and we both got back to Melbourne on the 5th. Things did not go very smoothly though which is why its taken me so long to get on here.

Last week, my dad's girlfriend of 13 years passed away suddenly. I wasn't close to her at all but I feel so so badly for my dad. I debated for days whether or not to leave on my planned date and ultimately decided to. I had no money with which to stay and in the end, it wouldn't have solved anything. I spent some time with my dad and am now hoping my sister and other family members and daily calls from me will get him through. I still feel extremely guilty though.

Yesterday my ex decided to harass my best friend and tell her I didn't finish up handing the house over to him after the divorce and now basically he "has no choice" but to let the bank foreclose and ruin both our credit. I asked him MONTHS ago if there was anything else I needed to do regarding the house and he assuredly there wasn't. That was the one area of the divorce I entrusted to him since he was the one who wanted to keep it. Shows me. How convenient of him to wait until I've left the country to spring this on me. Then today he emails me and says I need to go have a form notarized at the US Consulate and sent over. Oh and I need to find homes for the cats he promised he would keep. From 8,000 miles away. Aghhhhhh.

BUT. In the midst of all that I have Luke. For keeps now. And it's great Sorry for the wall of text but just wanted to update

Met online: 1/30/11
    Met in person: 5/30/12
    Second visit: 9/12/12
    Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Originally posted by Dezface View Post
    we closed the distance!
    Congratulations! and sorry for your father. You carried out lots of things

Comment

I'm so happy you closed the distance!!!! Yay!!!

I'm so sorry about your dad's gf, and about all the shit your ex is causing. I hope things work out, and your dad's lucky to have such a wonderful, caring person as you, even thousands of miles away.

And don't feel guilty--there's nothing wrong with chasing your own happiness, because you can't live for others forever, as much as you love them.
      "I love thee to the depth, and breadth, and height my soul can reach..." ~Elizabeth Barrett Browning

Comment

Congrats on closing the distance!

Sorry to hear about the troubles but enjoy Melbourne!

Comment

Congratulations Sorry about your dad's girlfriend but I think you made the right decision to leave anyways. I'm sure he understands and there are still ways to be there for him and to support him ( Skype etc.)

Comment

Congratulations!

Sorry for your father's loss, though :/ And for the ex crap. Hope things work themselves out.

You should update your profile with the closing the distance date!
            I thought of you and the years and all the sadness fell away from me - Pink Floyd

Comment

Congratulation on closing the distance... Sorry for the mishaps along the way.. You can still there be for him thorugh skype or other options... hope everything gets better eventually.. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by marbear31 View Post
                And don't feel guilty--there's nothing wrong with chasing your own happiness, because you can't live for others forever, as much as you love them.
                This x 1000!

Congrats on closing the distance!

Comment

Thank you everyone!!

Met online: 1/30/11
                  Met in person: 5/30/12
                  Second visit: 9/12/12
                  Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

Congratulations on closing the distance!! And sorry for your loss!

Comment

congrats!

let the Good Times begin!

strengthened by Love, you will conquer all the problems.... I have no doubt about that.
                      The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.

Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)

Comment

Working...
                      X