What am I to do next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What am I to do next?

My boyfriend has just gone back to the UK after 9 months on his working holiday visa here in Australia. I've already been over to the UK with a Youth Mobility Scheme Visa and also could only manage to stay 9 months as money got tight as work was hard to find. So we've both visited each other for 3 weeks before we did the visa thing. So now we are out of options except the closing the distance thing. I don't really want to go and visit him on a holiday- it's expensive and 3 weeks just isn't enough after a long flight from Oz to England.

So before he left, my family were asking what was our plan. We said we'd see where each other was by the end of this year and whoever is in the better situation we'd decide. But there is a bit of worry for me about choosing to stay in England permanently and leaving my family and what I know best behind. But I know I can't live my life without my boyfriend. He said he'd love it if I would come to England to live as my family have been through a bit of crap during the past 10 years. So my life here under my Dad's roof isn't great. I'm 25 this year and I want to move out. My boyfriend said he'd not turn his back on living in Australia, it's just that he wouldn't want to live with my Dad again. I felt bad I hadn't been able to give him the best time of his life on his visa because of my Dad and brother.

So I just get this feeling that I'll have to choose England to live. I'm just scared...more for the fact I know my Dad and brother wouldn't be happy with that decision.

So yeah, right now I'm working and saving up hard not knowing what to do really. Save for a holiday to see him again or wait and see where my boyfriends life is?

I think even if I did move out of home, my boyfriend wouldnt come over to live in Australia...something tells me he'd rather live in England with his family. He said to me that if I went to live in England, he'd make sure I was comfortable and happy. He said who knows when we've lived in England for a while, we might move back to Australia.

My other dilema is that I'm contemplating visiting him in November of this year. But my visa doesn't expire until June of this year. But I had come back home in March 2012, so right now it;s been a year since I've been to England. Do you think the border control would find it suss? Or would they understand that I left in March last year and it's been (by november this year) over a year since Ive stepped foot on British soil? Or do you think it'd be wise to visit him next year 2014? But I just miss him so bad! I wonder if I could last that long.

I haven't gotten the YMS Visa but if the customs officer asked, you could just be honest and say that you ran into money issues and had to go home. I would be highly surprised if you didn't get let back into the UK.
    Last edited by Tooki; March 9, 2013, 04:49 AM. Reason: FAIL

Comment

Originally posted by Tooki View Post
      Your visa is still valid so I doubt that you will have any problems. I haven't gotten the YMS Visa but if the customs officer asked, you could just be honest and say that you ran into money issues and had to go home. I would be highly surprised if you didn't get let back into the UK.

I'm thinking of visiting him in November this year. My visa expires in June this year. But I came home to my country in March last year so I'm just hoping if I make a holiday plan in November, that the customs officer would be okay with me just coming to the UK for a holiday and not get suss with my visa expiring in June this year. But they would be able to tell that I left the country in March last year right? it should show on my records in the passport or something.

Comment

FAIL

You should still be fine anyway. You've been back here for a while now and if you have return tickets and whatnot, I can't see any reason as to why you would get denied entry.

(Yes, the dates that you left and entered the UK should come up in their system)

Comment

Oh okay good I am crossing fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by bella88 View Post
            Oh okay good I am crossing fingers!
            To put it into context, I have stayed in the Schengen Zone for 3 months a piece for the last two Dec-Feb periods. The most that I have been asked for is an address for my GF's house.

Just relax!

Comment

I'm not sure by I was told that once your visa expires you are NOT allowed to enter the UK for a period of 3 or 6 months.

Comment

Originally posted by digitalfever View Post
                I'm not sure by I was told that once your visa expires you are NOT allowed to enter the UK for a period of 3 or 6 months.
                Oh what! I might have to look this up.

Comment

Working...
                X