Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can't talk as much because of preparations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can't talk as much because of preparations.

My SO will be moving to America on a work VISA in December and until then he's going to be really busy with work, social services, and the naturalization process in general. I am having a really hard time with it because we don't talk at all for weeks at a time and it's already wearing on me.

I try to be understanding of him being so busy, but it's just... difficult not to be selfish you know?

I don't know what to do.
    Life say's we won't make it.
    Love says we will.

Talk to him or write him and ask if there's any way you can come to some compromise about how to fit in time to talk. I couldn't ever go weeks at a time without talking to my husband while we were long distance, and lucky for me he couldn't either. Weeks of no contact at all (unless he's in the military or something) is kind of odd. I mean, I can't see why you guys can't at least exchange a couple of emails and do one short phone call each evening just to check in. I know there's a bit of a time difference, but me and hubby were dealing with 7 to 8 hours of time difference depending on what time of the year it was, and we still found a way to talk. When he was preparing to come here, we did have less time to talk, but we still talked a little bit each day. We were both so busy getting everything ready for him to come here that the time flew. I would try to get him to come to some compromise so you can have at least a little contact each day, but keep yourself busy when he can't be in touch with you so you don't go crazy. Good luck! Glad he gets to come to the US!

Comment

I find it hard to believe that in one week he doesn't have a least 30 minutes of spare time to talk to you at all. In one week. He can't write you an email even if its brief? I would tell him that you need to talk to him more. You need to hear from him more. Even if its not possible through an IM service he can take a few minutes to write you an email. There are really no excuses. Yea, people get very busy but, when your life gets busy you aren't working from the time you wake up till the time you go to bed.

Just tell him what your expectations are out of this relationship and try to work out some sort of compromise like SquishyLove suggested.

Met Online: 02/2012
      Started talking privately: 09/20/2012
      First Met in person: 09/22/2012
      Started Dating: 10/30/2012
      Closed the Distance 4/24/2013

Comment

You don't talk for weeks? Woah no way. I throw a tantrum when we don't talk for a few days
        Honestly, you need to talk to him. Tell him how you feel and that you need more talk time. a relationship is not a one way street. he has to make compromises too and believe me, my SO has a super busy job so I know what I'm talking about. Set a time at the weekend at least when you both a free to talk. He can't be that busy. Sorry to say but it seems like a lame excuse :/

Comment

I'm with everyone else here, weeks? That's insane.. surely he can make time for a 30minute - 1 hour conversation at least once a week, nobody is THAT busy.

"Buddha made you for me" - My SO

1st Met/Visit: Nov 2012 - Thailand
          2nd Visit: May 2013 - Thailand
          3rd Visit: Jun 2013 - Thailand
          4th Visit: Sep 2013 - Thailand
          5th Visit: Sep 2013 - Jan 2014 - UK
          6th Visit: Apr 2014 - Thailand - Marry
          7th Visit: Sept 14th 2014 - Thailand - Wedding Ceremony / Party
          Close the distance - Sept 21st 2014 - UK
          UK Wedding Party: November 8th 2014

Comment

My boyfriend and I talk on whats app through out the day via cell phones. It's a free text service and since he is international it allows us to keep in touch without going broke. I get so annoyed when I haven't talked to him for a few hours. I would put your foot down and tell your SO that you need communication. I mean I could understand if he was an astronaut or something but I have friends that go to remote villages in Africa and still find a place to send an email once in a while.

Comment

Weeks without talking??? I don't mean to jump on the ban wagon but that isn't right. He can find time, a quick text before bed, while eating breakfast, on lunch break something anything....there are so many free IM apps that can be used to keep in touch and are compatible with all devises. You need to talk to him and tell him how you feel and how this is effecting your relationship. One of the main if not the most important thing that has to be maintained in a LDR is the communication. With out that, things could start to fall apart. Let him know how you feel and how important this is to you and to your relationship.

Comment

Working...
              X