Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need some serious input here - times ticking!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some serious input here - times ticking!!!

Hey Guys and Girls.

On a serious note now, i myself created a thread not along ago about closing the distance, i also saw a thread yesterday about American Visas but i still ain't getting the info or push in the right direction and times ticking as i want to be with my SO and not have to leave him!

Can anyone suggest what the best route for us to take please?

Ok, i want to be engaged and i do want a nice little wedding with some family members from each side & friends. few bridesmaids and stuff!

95 % sure we will be getting married in the USA

We both know we want to be married by 2015.

I know taking either route will mean being still in a LDR once again. i guess i don't mind getting married then having to come back to the UK before visas are accepted and so forth.

But please someone advice me the best route to take! I'm visit my SO in June 74 days YAY!! and if there is tonnes of paper work to start filling out we wanted to start in june while we were together!

HELPPP!!!!!!!

Start by searching for information on the internet, there are government sites that can supply you with either the answer or the documents or phone numbers that you can call.

Comment

Try Visa Journey or the various government websites regarding immigration of the country you plan to be married in/immigrate to. Visa Journey is often a good place to start. Usually Google searches will point you in the right direction but honestly, only you and your partner will know which visa is the right one for you, whether it's a fiance or spousal. I suggest you two sit down together via Skype and do some research on the country you plan to immigrate to and go over your options by looking at immigration websites and doing some research, as most people closing the distance had to do. Most people here will point you over to Visa Journey in any case.

Comment

No, we actually can't tell you which route you should take, that's something you need to figure out yourself, everyone's situation is different. Like Piper said, start at Visa Journey and begin reading. Fortunately for you, it's mostly geared toward US & UK, and you'll find everything you need there, and it's full of others who are going through the same thing. Good luck.
        Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm doing the opposite - getting married here and then him moving here, but as others have suggested you and your SO are the ones who need to make this decision, we can offer support, but we can't actually tell you what to do! Try the websites people have suggested and Good Luck!
          Joey & Scott
          Met: April 2002
          Lost Contact: August 2002
          Reconnected: April 2010
          Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

As everyone else has said, it's really up to you. In our case we got married in the US (him on a fiance visa), had to be apart for awhile, then I ended up moving to the UK (on a spouse visa).

But while you're trying to figure out which route to take, saving every penny/pence is always a great place to start. (And don't forget to look at the costs involved! )

Comment

Originally posted by pink elephant View Post
              But while you're trying to figure out which route to take, saving every penny/pence is always a great place to start. (And don't forget to look at the costs involved! )
              Thank you, We have already started putting money aside for whatever our future holds for us!. Its just deciding which route to take! all we know is we know we want to be married and together in one place! its just knowing how to come by it

Comment

We did the K1 and Visa Journey helped us with EVERYTHING.
                "I love the stars and the moon because I know that I'm always sitting under the exact same ones as you"

Comment

I am going to sound like a broken record but I recomend VJ too. We haven't started our process yet (I will eventually be moving over to the US from Australia) but have found that site to be a great source of information. Good luck
                  ~Shaunna~

*Distance isn't an obstacle when it comes to love, but rather a great reminder on just how strong true love can be*

We're engaged 2014 - save $$, 2015 - get married, 2016 - make the big move!

Comment

Working...
                  X