Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone here living in, or used to live in, North Carolina?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone here living in, or used to live in, North Carolina?

I'm just curious as to how the job market is there and what are the best types of jobs to focus on in/around the Fayetteville area, outside of the military of course. I'm starting a job search there fairly soon and any info on finding work in the area would be very much appreciated. I plan to try applying for everything that I can find within a reasonable distance but knowing where I would have the best chance at or something may help.. maybe? Idk.. I'm just looking online for any info that I can pick up really. ^^;;
    "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."
    This. This is only one of the reasons that I love this man. XD

"I'll surrender up my heart and swap it for yours."
    Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Fayetteville is economically desperate and has been for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by lucybelle View Post
      Fayetteville is economically desperate and has been for a long time.
      This doesn't make me hopeful at all. Dx
      "Babe, I'm totally murdering everyone in this building right now! ... You would be so proud of me."

Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

I'd say try everywhere you can. Apply for jobs at banks, they pay well and you get benefits. Don't give up, the job market is terrible in lots of states.

Comment

Originally posted by katiecat08 View Post
          I'd say try everywhere you can. Apply for jobs at banks, they pay well and you get benefits. Don't give up, the job market is terrible in lots of states.
          I am going to try as many places as I can and as much as I can. The job market here can't be any worse than it is where I'm from so it's worth a shot.. and I kinda have more motivation here than I do elsewhere. xP

Por siempre, mi amor. ♥

Comment

I use to live in Fayetteville....Fort Bragg actually and still have friends in the area. If I were you I would look into all the areas around that town maybe even reach into Virginia the bottom part. It is only 2 hours from Fayetteville to Lynchburg/Bedford. In my opinion don't just base your search on just one specific occupation.... take whatever you can get as long as it is respectful to both yourself and with whom you are with. As long as it is a honest pay no need to be ashamed of it. But you keep your head up and keep looking something will pop up. Oh, try putting your resume on the craigslist in that area something might give, someone might be looking for someone in your field. Give it a shot.

Comment

Working...
            X