CR1 Visa....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CR1 Visa....

So i guess this is basically a venting thread. My husband of 8 months had all documents to send off the petition for my marriage visa for a couple months now and he won't tell me if he's sent it off or not! He said and i quote "it's going to be a surprise for you! so you won't worry the whole time and wonder why it's taking so long" : ( He wants me to just let him handle it. I mean i know i can be a pain but reallllly?! Im not genuinely pissed off im just meh! I get why he's like that cause i can get naggy and im trying so hard not to ask him if he's sent it off.

If i know he's sent it off he'd have the case number and i can look online...and i know that he knows that i'd just obsess over it. So i get it. but still : (

This is adorable! Don't panic I'm site he has it all under control .. This is totally something my SO would do because apparently I'm an English sissy pants lol!!

Happy for you

Comment

Eh I wouldn't like that.

Met online: 1/30/11
      Met in person: 5/30/12
      Second visit: 9/12/12
      Closed the distance: 1/26/13!!!

Comment

I wouldn't like this either, I think it's mean to keep information about YOUR visa away from you. But if memory serves me right you should receive a notice of action once the embassy receives the package, so you should find out anyways.

<3 The day we met : 10.31.2009
        <3 Our first Date: 11.04.2009
        The Day we went long distance: 08.08.2010
        <3 He came to England: 12.27.2010-01.07.2011
        <3 My trip to Ohio: 5.29.2011-6.09.2011
        Our first Christmas visit: 12.23.2011-1.7.2011
        Distance closed: 2.29.2012!!!!!!!!

Comment

Nope i don't like it. But i knew he was a tease before i married him. I'll find out eventually : ) as i said i was just venting a bit

Comment

Originally posted by Louise_B View Post
            This is adorable! Don't panic I'm site he has it all under control .. This is totally something my SO would do because apparently I'm an English sissy pants lol!!

Happy for you
            It's appalling that you actually believe this.

This is really important information that he has no right to withhold from you. It's your immigration status, for Christ's sake! It reeks of "don't worry your pretty little female head about it".

Honestly, if I were you I'd tell him to cut the bullshit and demand that he tell you. You're an adult and you have a right to know.

Comment

Hurr hurr hurr

Joke's over, time for him to tell you the details!

Comment

I have to say i do agree that i do have the right to know. But demanding things doesn't normally get you anywhere. And demanding it because im an adult? Yeah that right there makes me cringe.

I do like your posts cynical always straight to the point and makes me smile. I guess im just not as wound up about it as i should be. He's my husband and we will eventually close the distance. A little teasing along the way..well i guess thats just the man i married.

Comment

Originally posted by ChibiFelicia View Post
                  I have to say i do agree that i do have the right to know. But demanding things doesn't normally get you anywhere. And demanding it because im an adult? Yeah that right there makes me cringe.

I do like your posts cynical always straight to the point and makes me smile. I guess im just not as wound up about it as i should be. He's my husband and we will eventually close the distance. A little teasing along the way..well i guess thats just the man i married.
                  I don't know, I think the fact that he thinks he has the right not to tell you about something that's so important for your future is really worrying, and he needs to see that he can't play these kind of games with that. Some things require demanding. However, your husband, your life, you certainly know both of those things better than I do.

Comment

I agree with the poster before me.
                    I would like to know and I couldn't have it to be babied. Nobody gets to decide that I wouldn't be able to handle a situation. That's just wrong.
                    But every relationship is different. If you can live with it ok. I couldn't because I need my partner to see me as an equal member of the relationship.

Comment

I can understand to a point. I'm doing our visa and good god is it exhausting to constantly update and explain shit to my SO. He doesn't do any research himself so he will ask me questions that annoy me. Sometimes I say "just let me handle this part". Obviously this isn't a male v female thing. Sometimes it's less stressful to deal with everything by yourself. I get the importance of updates but the truth is, once you get the case number you just wait for 6 - 8 months.

Comment

Thing is i like him to see me as an equal and i know he does. I've been stressing over this visa stuff for nearly 2 years. I can see why he doesn't want me to worry anymore considering right now im also worrying about how i'm going to get a job over there. Shame uk nursing doesn't directly transfer to the US so i've been researching schools and studying for the nclex along with my own nursing job and doing overtime and blahhhhhhh list goes on and i know everyone has their own stress but him? He deals with stress a hell of a lot better than i do. I don't need to go into details of his life but for him, the way he sees it, we're married. He's had to dodge bullets and mortars and etc etc and he hates it that i can get so worked up over something like a visa. So yes im annoyed he wont tell me these things but in a way im glad that i dont have to worry about it. He can sort it out. I apologize that i seem to have started a thread that has received some heated responses but really i was just venting cause i can't go over there and slap him lol.

Comment

Working...
                        X