Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Closing the Distance but so many road blocks...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing the Distance but so many road blocks...

We have been together almost 3 years now but we have never been together since he cannot leave the US, he has probation and that is what is stopping him from getting to me, it's been really hard and it's taking its toll, we both love each other so much and neither of us wants to end things or give up for that matter...

I have met his mom and his little sis, they visited me last year and we get a long so well.

Anyways, i have been looking other ways maybe i can go to the US for 2 days just so we can see each other so we can get the K1 visa started but it's so hard to apply for a tourist visa here in the Philippines and i don't have enough sufficient funds for me to do it...

I really really really love him and it kills me everyday that i cannot be with him, i cannot even confide to some of my friends because they don't understand what we have since they don't believe in LDR.

I dunno what to do, please if you have any suggestions pls help us, i even considering donating my egg since it includes free travel to NY but it's a one in a million chance to get picked for that...

Also if i get to get a tourist visa would it be possible we can get married in the days that i am there? i dont care for no fancy stuff i just want to spend the rest of my life with him...

Our situations really tough but i refuse to give in, i still have faith so pls if you have any suggestions or maybe any help that you can give pls help, it would be most appreciated...

Thank you so much you guys don't know how much this means to me...

That sounds like a really tough situation. I know how hard it is to get tourist visas to the US. How much longer is his probation for?

If you do get a tourist visa, I believe you can get married no problem but then you'd have to leave the US again before applying for the spousal visa.

Comment

I'm sorry, alexajem, that must be so rough for you guys
      As the above poster asked, does your SO get off probation soon?
      Do you have a job right now? I know it would take awhile, but if you saved your money, you could get to the US eventually!

Just remember that you're not alone-we're here for support when you need it
      Good luck!

Comment

Thanks for the support, im just really frustrated cause its taking its toll on both of us especially him. I am working as a call center agent and trying to save up, i haven't told him about the tourist visa option but i think it would be good to have that option.

I just hope when i apply for the tourist visa the embassy would give it to me...i really need to be with him soon...even if i have to leave again cause once we get married at least things would be much easier for us and at least we have finally together even if it's just a few days.

Do you know what is the best way and chance to get a tourist visa approved?

and his probation won't end till next year...
        Last edited by alexajem; April 13, 2013, 09:20 AM. Reason: additional info

Comment

Originally posted by alexajem View Post
          Do you know what is the best way and chance to get a tourist visa approved?
          The best way is to show ties to your country, to prove that you would have no reason to overstay your visa in the USA. That can be quite difficult to prove and you are applying from a country where it is probably even more difficult. I know that here (in W. Africa), it's really hard for people to get US tourist visas unless they have serious funds in the bank, a very important job, or embassy connections.

It'll be up to you if it's worth trying (visa fees are non-refundable) but you also might just have to accept that you'll have to wait another year until his probation is lifted.

Comment

OMG... I am so sorry for what you are going through. The distance seems to be taking its toll on both of you and with all the mountains that are in the way I know it seems impossible. But it isn't. Just do some research and find out all the information you need to get it done. If his probation is up in a year then he should have no problem applying and getting approved a passport. When I renewed my passport the only thing I remember that was mentioned that can hold the government from approving it is if he owes on child support. That was the only restriction I remember but he can check it out on the internet the restrictions and application conditions at the website travel.state.gov. If I am not mistaken the majority of the states will marry you quickly. All you have to do is apply with the needed documents which a valid ID just about does it and once approved you can get married within 48 hours and the application approval usually expires within 60 days...in other words you have 60 to get married from the time the application is approved and the approval process doesn't take but 24 hours I think in some states. Get married in the state he is in because one of you might have to be a resident of the state. Even though some states don't require it. You could probably look into applying for citizenship here in the United States. I know it seems like a long shot but you have the time and really when you think of it, it is another opportunity that you never know it might work. I know you are low on funds and that is a bump in the road so weigh out your options carefully since the majority of them are not refundable.

Comment

I cannot answer your question but I just want to say that if you enter the US on any visa other than a K-1 Fiance visa and get married it is considered fraudulent and you may get deported.

My fiance and I are in the process of getting a visa and we have found that the most useful resource for figuring all of it out is https://www.visajourney.com. I bet the answer to your question will be there. I hope this helps!

Comment

I just wanted to add support. We're in the process of applying for a fiancé visa (him coming to the UK to me) and I know that it is full of obstacles and hard, and I hope you manage to get out there to meet him. Just wanted to give you some s and wish you the best of luck.
                Joey & Scott
                Met: April 2002
                Lost Contact: August 2002
                Reconnected: April 2010
                Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                X