Is it just me or...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me or...

Am I the only one who feels like since the time is getting relatively close it's getting more nerve wracking? I mean,I'm excited to be doing it so don't get me wrong. It's hard to explain. I feel like as the time goes and it creeps closer that I'm becoming MORE nervous then I was before about the move itself,about how things are going to go,about whether or not I'm going to succeed while I'm there,if things are going to change etc. I also feel like the pressure is building because of everything that has to be done before I do this. I'm also scared about how I'm going to adjust personally since this is the first time I've lived out of state by myself. Does/has anyone else feel/felt this way,how do/did you deal with it?

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
    Back Together: August 1,2012
    First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
    Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
    Engaged: January 17,2013
    Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
    Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
    We Got Married! - July 3,2014
    SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
    Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

I feel this way too! I only have a couple of months left. Sometimes, I feel this overwhelming excitement and impatience. I just want the move to happen! Other times, I get so anxious that I don't even know what to do with myself. There are so many aspects to this move. The adjustment period is foremost in my mind, in addition to the guilty feeling that I will be abandoning my family for a future that might turn out to be uncertain.
    Our separation so abides, and flies,
    That thou, residing here, go'st yet with me,
    And I, hence fleeting, here remain with thee.

Comment

That's exactly how I feel and I also only have a couple of months left. It's good to know I'm not the only one. I was starting to think I was just being silly/crazy lol. But I definitely know what you mean about the feeling that you might be abandoning your family for an uncertain future with someone. At the same time though I'd like to think that it will all work itself out and if we're meant to stay together then we will. Plus it's all about taking risks,which for me in the love department is a huge leap. But there would be no lessons learned or wisdom gained if risks in any aspect of life were not taken. I also have the worries about adjustment in the front of my mind as well. With all of these feelings I feel like I'm getting married or something lol.

Comment

We still have at least 6-12 months before we close the distance and im already worrying. The visa process is long but it really isn't all that long in the grand scheme of things. It's an international move and there is so much i need to sort out before i can leave. My immediate family have already moved abroad so i don't feel like im abandoning them but my friends whom i've known for years! I feel like they are already getting used to the idea that i won't be here for much longer lol. Im worried about getting a job, about adjusting to the way of life in america and everything other little thing. Although im not worried about moving in with him xD I know things will be different (the longest we've 'lived' together was 3 months) but we'll work through it. I've already warned him that i'm probably going to get home sick and be really dependent on him when i first get there but he's been researching places i can go to to feel at home. Places where i can get some english stuff. Groups i can join so im not sitting home alone. He's trying so im happy.

Comment

Awww I hope it works out for you and I truly hope you enjoy being in America. The longest me & my SO 'lived' together was 2 months when he came to see me last time & we did really well despite not hardly being able to leave the house due to lack of money. We were together constantly even when we went to do something as simple as making something to eat. I also did the same as you in regards to telling him that I might not completely be myself for a little bit and I'll be home sick & might have a little bit of a hard time adjusting so I'd need him to be there for me. I truly admire you guys that are international. I only have to move states away,you guys have to move whole entire continents away and leave family,friends & a whole way of life behind you & adapt to some place new.

Comment

Working...