Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letters of support!

Hey Everyone

UGH! You all know that Scott and I have started the visa process, part of that is collecting evidence that we are a genuine couple and plan to marry etc. So, I was told that letters of support do help. I asked a few people - my dad, my best friend, my step-mum and another friend to write one for me and so far I haven't received any. Not a big problem because we do have time to wait and the closer the date on the letter is to when we submit the application, the better. Anyway, my dad said that I should write the letter and he would sign it and I'm stumped! I've done what I think would sound okay, but just kinda stressed at what to put to make it sound like it's not me who wrote it.

Any advice? Or anyone in the same situation? Or similar?

Thanks *pulls hair out*
    Joey & Scott
    Met: April 2002
    Lost Contact: August 2002
    Reconnected: April 2010
    Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Are they statutory declarations or just letters? Here, it's stat dec for bloody everything and it needs to be signed by a JP.

If you want you can send me the letter you wrote and I can re-write it in my own words to make it sound like not you lol. I like to write.
    Happily married to the little Canadian boy I never thought I'd meet in person

Comment

Originally posted by Zephii View Post
      Are they statutory declarations or just letters? Here, it's stat dec for bloody everything and it needs to be signed by a JP.

If you want you can send me the letter you wrote and I can re-write it in my own words to make it sound like not you lol. I like to write.
      They're just letters that need to be supplied with a copy of the person's passport. I'm happy to send it to you, I'll PM it to you!
      Last edited by JoeyBug; May 4, 2013, 06:47 AM.
      Joey & Scott
      Met: April 2002
      Lost Contact: August 2002
      Reconnected: April 2010
      Together: May 20th 2010

[COLOR="#800080"]"Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Good luck with all that!

My sister-in-law who studied UK immigration law kindly wrote letters of support for me from herself and wrote another letter from the perspective of my father-in-law to support my UK spousal visa application.

The letters went along the lines of stating I was a person of good and moral character, how long they had known me, evidence that they witnessed I was in a healthy and loving relationship with my SO, gave details and dates when I had previously visited the UK and stayed with them, and that they have seen me with my SO. In my father-in-law's letter there's an additional line of providing financial support and accommodation in the event that my SO cannot, but with your case that may not be necessary.

Hope this might help any and best wishes!

Comment

Working...
        X