Plates and Decor vs. Sex Positions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plates and Decor vs. Sex Positions

Recently I've been window shopping for home decor, picture frames, kitchenware, etc... because we have tentative plans to close the distance before Christmas this year. And I was soooo excited about plates and a cutlery set that I wanted to just ramble on about them to Austin. I told him that I know I would bore him, but he just needed to nod in agreement about the knives. It's not that hard! He on the other hand says that if he has to listen about knives, I have to listen about sex positions. O.O

I just wanted to talk about the cutlery set!!!!!!!!!!! Ugh. I'm all for the sex positions, don't get me wrong, but my plates and knives!!!! Haha. :P

First met: June 2012
    Became Committed: June 04, 2012
    Entered an LDR: July 01, 2012
    Next Visit: October 2013!

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Think about it from a guys perspective. Would you want to talk about plates? I know I wouldn't. That stuff doesn't interest a lot of guys(don't anyone even dare correct me and say people cause you all know its true! ) You are more then welcome to rave about your plates and knives here though.

Comment

Eh, I understand why your SO said what he did. A conversation about plates would put me asleep as well.

That topic belongs between you lovely ladies!

Comment

I didn't even know a full conversation could be had about plates. I guess ours went like this -

Me "do you have plates?"
        Him "yes"

Comment

If a guy seems interested in a conversation about plates and knives, be very grateful, because he's only being polite He's really thinking about sex positions.

Seriously, don't ask his opinions, just buy what you like, he won't care. If you want, find what you want, send a pic, and ask "is this OK?". Don't give too many options, or expect more than a "yeah".

Have fun shopping!
          Our separation of each other is an optical illusion of consciousness. ~Albert Einstein

Comment

Oh I wasn't asking him for an opinion, it was more that I just wanted to tell him. We ended up having both conversations, haha. Surprisingly by the end of it, he got pretty into it. (The plates, I mean!) He was already into the positions part. :P

XXX XXX

Distance between two hearts is not an obstacle, rather a beautiful reminder of just how strong true love can be.

Comment

On my SO's last visit i took him to the Shop that sells cutlery sets and porcelain and he was.... terrified!!

We seemed to agree on what looks nice and what we would like to have at home but he was SO happy to leave and visit the nearby toyshop (he's colecting Transformers figures).

I think it should go both ways, sometimes He listens to me geeking about spices sometimes I listen to him geeking about his figures.
              “We're all a little weird. And life is a little weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness — and call it love — true love.”
              ― Robert Fulghum, True Love

Met UK 3.08.2012-5.08.12 ->UK 1.12.12-3.12.12->PL 8.02.13-16.02.13->PL 1.06.13-9.06.13->UK 3.08.13-17.08.13->UK 26.10.2013-02.11.2013->PL 30.11.2013-08.12.2013->PL 22.03.2014-29.03.2014->UK 31.05.2014-07.06.2014->PL 06.09.2014-13.09.13->UK 20.12.2014-03.01.2015
              Closed the distance >21.03.2015
              sigpic

Comment

My SO drags me to the China section and wants my opinion of the kind of stuff there. He does the same thing about furniture (even when we're not even shopping for any!) and kitchen layouts. I actually have to ask him if we can leave the store now because my back is hurting
                So, here you are
                too foreign for home
                too foreign for here.
                Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

My SO has said I'm in charge of decorating and I can have anything Iike. If he wants to think about sex positions it better be while carrying the dishes
                  I choose into the house. :£

Comment

My SO and I are going on a home furnishing field trip after the next paycheck. I like plates. He likes plates. So excited.

We also both like sex, but that's another story.
                    ~~~

Comment

Me and my SO went to the IKEA last visit. I had this fun idea to each make a list up of our "dream stuff" that we want for the apartment. I told him we could not show the other one what was on our lists until after we were done and we would do it over dinner. So, we went and we are both writing stuff and then after a few hours (BIG store) we go to dinner.

I ask him to break out his list so that we can compare. My list is full of all sorts of wonderful things for ideas and concepts for our place. His has two things on it. One is the measurements and break down for the wooden boxes he uses to put his dvd collection in, and the other is a single sentence.

"I am pretending to write stuff down so that I don't have to do this."
                      ...........................ergh. PUNK!
                      "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
                      Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I don't blame him, i'd rather be talking about sex too and im a girl LOL
                        Made it official: 12-01-10
                        First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
                        Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

The last time my SO was even remotely excited about housewares was when we bought the TARDIS/Dalek salt and pepper shakers.
                          And that was only because he loves Doctor Who.

First Met Online: October 2010
                          First Confessed Feelings: December 21, 2011
                          Became a "Couple": January 7, 2012
                          First Meeting: March 9-14, 2012
                          Second Meeting: July 16-31, 2012
                          Closed the Distance: May 30, 2013
                          Engaged!: June 1, 2013
                          Picking out wedding dates now!

Comment

So I narrowed the plates down to two. One would be for casual dining and the other for fine dining.

The only thing I have is that the plates I like for fine dining are actually casual dining plates, vice versa. Could I get away with the setup I want?

XXX XXX

Comment

You can get away with whatever you want for dishes. Just something to note if you're planning on getting married soon, I'd hold off on purchasing both sets. Dishes are an AWESOME thing to add to a registry.

2016 Goal: Buy a house.
                              Progress: Complete!

2017 Goal: Pay off credit card debt
                              Progress: Working on it.

Comment

Working...
                              X