Trying to close the distance...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trying to close the distance...

My bf and I have been on/off since the fall of 2009. The first time we broke it off was in the fall of 2010 when I just couldn't do the long distance anymore knowing that it would never go anywhere. See, he didn't want to move, and I have a daughter here who's father is very involved in her life so I can't just move 1300 miles away with my daughter; and I'm not willing to limit seeing her for any guy. So, after that we were off/on for basically the same reasons; either he still wasn't wanting to move or I was filled with anger and resentment. Well, after 8 months of being 'off', we are seeing each other again and things are really great. He is wanting to move now so we can spend our life together, but now there is a kink in our plan....he got a DUI. It's his first offense, however because his blood alcohol level was so high, he is being charged with a 2nd offense. At the moment, his license is suspended until July 1st. He has his sentencing date on July 12th, and we have good idea of what his punishment will be. He will have to go through alcohol classes/counseling which he has gotten a pretty big head start on. He has to have the interlock device in his car for 2 years, will get 10-15 days of jail time, and will be on probation for 2 years. It is possible that he will be able to fulfill his jailtime punishment with the ankle bracelet from home only being able to go to/from work each day. The biggest kink in our plans is his 2 year probation. At this point we have no idea what that will entail. Our main concern is... what if he isn't allowed to move in those 2 years?? I am 36 years old, we would like to have a child of our own together at some point, and I am at a point that I don't know how we'll make it apart for 2 more years. We see each other once a month on a Fri-Sun because flights are expense and it's at least an 18 hour drive. It's very difficult. I just don't even know what to think at this point, and I'm feeling very frustrated with the whole situation. I love him very much, and I want to spend my life with him; this is just really hard enough as it is, much less having to do it for 2 more years. Has anyone ever been in a similar situation?
Working...
X