Visa Journey

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Visa Journey

Hi all, this website is for those in a International LDR who are trying to have their SO come to the states by a visa. It is a helpful forum about a variety of different visas...from Visitors Visa to Fiance Visas and everything in between. I hope it provides some of those looking into a visa for coming to the states as much helps as it has for me and my Fiance.

https://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?

VisaJourney is awesome. I wanted to add a site for people wanting to go to Australia:

https://www.australiaforum.com/forum.php

I've found everyone ot be incredibly helpful with visas here - even the detailed, specific questions.

LFAD Book Challenge: 34/100 Complete

Comment

Also a good resource for people would be to ask other who have gone through the process recently.

Comment

I am so happy for you!
        Last edited by Mio; September 4, 2010, 01:38 PM. Reason: caps were on

Comment

Unfortunately Visa is a very tough subject for us. Immigration law doesn't support same-sex bi-national couples...Frankly, i'm on the edge with this whole thing..if I enter the diversity lottery, They'll put me in a black list, where if i don't win, i won't be able to obtain any other visa, ever...and I can't get the money to pay for the 12 months of studying, so that i can obtain the student visa..it's devastating..
          Of all the things I learned from you
          The main was to let go..

Comment

Originally posted by Sopho View Post
            Unfortunately Visa is a very tough subject for us. Immigration law doesn't support same-sex bi-national couples...Frankly, i'm on the edge with this whole thing..if I enter the diversity lottery, They'll put me in a black list, where if i don't win, i won't be able to obtain any other visa, ever...and I can't get the money to pay for the 12 months of studying, so that i can obtain the student visa..it's devastating..

what??? I didn't know about the black list!!!
            I was told that it's ok to play the lottery while we're trying to work on his visa ((( I'm scared now!!!

Comment

at least that's what's been happening in my country and I know it from fact - if you play the diversity visa lottery and don't win, you will get denial on any other non-immigrant visas, because they know at some point you wanted to immigrate. I don't know if that is the case with immigrant visas, since the whole point of them IS to stay in US. Immigrant visas are also K1 fiancee visas and I don't think (though I don't know for sure) that there should be a problem obtaining one after you've played the lottery. Here is a site, dig in, you can find some info on there - its official - https://www.travel.state.gov/visa/im...ypes_1318.html
              Of all the things I learned from you
              The main was to let go..

Comment

Oi! USA Visa rules and regulations.

I spent most of the summere researching all the different types and feel just about ready to go into visa brain meltdown. I still dont have a solution. Hoping for SO to come here but it wont be for at least a year and even then we're not sure because he has a felony. (This might not belong on this thread so feel free to direct me elsewhere) but does anyone have an info on US citizens moving to the UK if they have a criminal record?

DynomiteGurl Thank you muchly for the visa forum link - will have to look into that for advice and tips.

Interesting sidenote: Anyone see one of the requirements on the Fiance Visa is that before you become a full citizen you have to have had around 14 innoculations. For someone thats terrified about going to the Dr's to get her blood pressure checked thats a pretty big sign of how far I'm willling to go for my SO!

Sopho that really is a) Outrageous and B) Saddening. I'm so sorry. Think if we get enough petitioners together we can have any influence on us immigration law? *looks around* Not so much? Boo...
                Tea and hugs make the world go round - don't ever discount the little things in life.

Smiling away to oneself brings an obscene amount of joy when only you know the reason why your smiling. Pick something secret to smile about and let it light up your face all day long!

And remember....Love really IS all around.

Comment

Working...
                X