Closing the distance problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Closing the distance problems

No no, this isn't what you think I want this to be a silly thread of how things are slightly more difficult since you and your SO closed the distance.

My problem? His snoring!! UGH!! He's keeping me awake at the moment haha. I swear, china could hear this man snore.
    Made it official: 12-01-10
    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Aww you just made me jealous slightly with this thread because you got to close the distance already but I haven't! haha no just kidding, I'm not jealous, because I only want my boy and it just happens that it will take us longer to close the distance but that's okay because it'll be worth it because I'll finally be permanently together with him.

Though when I was close distance for my SO for past two summers for a short period of time, he hardly snored. I think maybe once I was awake at a time I heard him snoring but it wasn't anything major. So I'm lucky on that front. :P I think it also has to do with me usually falling asleep first but then I wake up earlier usually, and I don't hear any snores.. so.. yay lol.. not that it's a competition! lol being in an LDR can make us appreciate even slight annoyances done by the other person because at least we are with them in person.

Comment

I am a bit jealous too...if only he were snoring next to me. My SO snores like a traktor.... as you were saying, people probably can hear him from China. He's had roommates who moved out because of his snoring.
      And I don't really have a problem with it.. I go used to his snoring. But now that he's gone, I can't sleep because it's too quiet. First few nights he left, I slept with the radio on to have some sort of noise in the background.
      So, I say to you, try and take it as a positive sign that he's there

Comment

Ha, the infamous snoring. My boyfriend snores too, intermittently. He's also incredibly hard to wake up, so I usually elbow him really hard while he's sleeping - the snoring stops and he doesn't wake up.

(He did tell me I could do that if his snoring bothers me so no, I'm not beating him up in his sleep :P).

Another thing I guess is that he isn't the most diligent about sorting laundry. Like he'll do it but then it'll sit in the dryer for the longest time. When we closed the distance temporarily over the summer I kept finding his clothes in the dryer when I was doing my own laundry and I ended up having to tell him the dryer isn't extra closet space. It's been an inside joke ever since.
        So, here you are
        too foreign for home
        too foreign for here.
        Never enough for both.

Ijeoma Umebinyuo, Diaspora Blues

Comment

His stashing a crap ton of water bottles by the bed or when he starts the laundry but doesn't finish it >.>.

♥ In 666 Ways I Love You & My Heaven Is Wherever You Are. I'm For You. ♥

We Met: June 9,2010
          Back Together: August 1,2012
          First Visit: September 21,2012 - September 29,2012
          Second Visit: January 13,2013 - February 24,2013
          Engaged: January 17,2013
          Closed The Distance-MS - AZ: June 15th,2013
          Moved To FL Together: November 14,2013
          We Got Married! - July 3,2014
          SO Graduated College - August 7,2015
          Moved to Ky - August 10, 2015

Comment

We are only halfway there, but we do live together for half our days. I have yet again another massive snorer. What the heck is it with men and snoring? Having a penis makes you snore? LOL. My baby always clips his toenails while sitting on the living room couch and lets them fall as they may and clean his ears out there too and leaves the q-tips on the coffee table for days if I don't pick them up.

The man is meticulous with his own personal grooming but that is groooooooooooooooooooooooooooooss. I am not really sure what he does about them when I am not there, but when I am they are picked up as soon as he gets done or I see them.
            "Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment. "
            Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I love to hear my man snore!! He sometimes has troubles falling asleep and hearing him snore makes me happy, because that means he's sleeping! I can fall asleep pretty easily when I'm around him so it never bothered me.

My #1 problem is: He leaves empty boxes in the cupboard. I have to double check every box to make sure it's not empty.

Relationship began: 05/22/2012
              First Met: 03/21/2013 - 03/30/2013
              Second Visit: 06/06/2013 - 08/21/2013 ~ Proposal: 07/06/2013 ♥
              Third Visit: 10/09/2013 - 01/08/2013
              Closed the distance: 11/20/2014 ♥
              Married: 1/24/2015
              Became Resident: 9/14/2015

Comment

My SO snores too. All guys do. I don't mind a bit because it means he's beside me. <3
                He has a weird thing about the sheets coming off the bed. If a sheet comes off even a corner of the bed, it has to be fixed haha. It doesn't bother me that much. He's also much neater than I am. But it's not a huge deal.
                We should be closing the distance next year! Seems so far away now.

Comment

Not really a CTD situation, but I've been co-habitating (to a degree) with someone for a little while now, and I have to say the one thing is he doesn't rinse his dishes. I mean he does the dishes, so maybe I shouldn't bitch, but I always have to go and rinse his dishes when he sets them in the sink without even putting water in/on them! I think most of it is because I have vultures (read as: cats) and I don't want them getting into anything they shouldn't.

Comment

These stories are hilarious
                    Made it official: 12-01-10
                    First visit: 3-29-13/4-09-13
                    Closed the distance: 07-31-13

Comment

I'm the same as Piper, we were never in an LDR but my bf keeps me up at night with his snoring sometimes. Normally it's when he sleeps on his back or stomach so a firm elbow to the side typically cues him to roll over and it stops. Since we moved in to an apartment together its been better, bigger bed an all.

I almost killed him the other day because I got home from an overnight (this is at about 8:45am) on Sat and the dishes from Thursday were still sitting in the sink. And he made more bc he had his friends over on Friday night. I cursed him out under my breath and did them before I went to sleep for the day. He then made the mistake of calling me and I politely said "I'm pissed at you, call me later when I'm in a better mood" When he did call me later he promised to do the dishes for the week and clean the house on Sunday. So I felt a little better lol.
                      "You want for myself
                      You get me like no one else
                      I am beautiful with you

I am beautiful with you
                      Even in the darkest part of me
                      I am beautiful with you
                      Make it feel the way it's supposed to be
                      You're here with me
                      Just show me this and I'll believe
                      I am beautiful with you"

-Halestorm

Comment