Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gap well and truly closed following university :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gap well and truly closed following university :)

I just wanted to post a quick message to say that my girldfriend and I closed the gap a few weeks ago, after being in an LDR for about four and a half years. We met each other, then she began university in another area of the UK, about 200 miles away. We decided we wanted to stay together despite the distance, and although it was really hard at times, we always supported each other, and used some of the ideas on this site to help us survive. Then she went abroad for nearly a year, also for study, and the distance was more like a couple of thousand miles! I only saw her once during that time, which was really hard, particularly as she hated where she was and I couldn't help her, not to mention the time difference! Then she moved back to the UK, but was still 200 miles away. Finally, this year, she finished her studies and we were lucky enough to be able to move into a house together, which always was the light at the end of the tunnel

For anyone reading who is unsure if long distance relationships can last if one person in the couple goes away to university, I can say without a doubt that it is possible. Of course there are times that will be difficult, but there are also things that make it worthwhile - surprising them by organising a trip with their close friend, bringing flowers, sending letters and simple messages - these all kept us going. If you are truly on the same page as each other, there is no reason why a relationship cannot last through university. She was away for 4 years, which is a year more than most, and it was still possible keep going, and good luck!
Working...
X