Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hopefully Ending the Distance Next Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hopefully Ending the Distance Next Year?

So, my husband and I had a serious discussion, while I visited him in the UK about possibly closing the distance next year. We agreed that I would start the application process for his green card in January! I cannot wait for January to come; I am both excited, and nervous, and been doing a lot of research of the process. I am grateful that my father is willing to help become a joint sponsor with the financial side if things... I just hope that I can gather everything I need, and that my husband will hopefully get approved, when I am prepared to send everything in. Is there anyone else on here who went through the process f filing the petition for a green card, and what were your experiences with it?

I am in a similar situation, I will study in the US and live with my SO for the next 1 or 2 years and then I have to get married and get a green card as well. If he's already your husband that shouldn't be too much of a problem, I see you've been together for a long time as well and I hope you have enough evidence like pictures and maybe flight tickets and stuff, that helps. Everyone tells me to definitely get a lawyer because the process is very complicated and tiring and the lawyer can definitely help you and knows what to do and how to prepare and how to fix all the paperwork so I'll definitely be doing that (: I hope it'll work out for you!! keep us posted (:

Comment

I have loads of pics, and logs of Skype calls/IMs as proof of us staying in contact with each other. According to the US immigration site, I also need to get at least two recent passport sized photos of my SO. Hopefully my husband can ship those via airmail. I also saved my plane tickets from my visits... I think I can pull up his as well?

I'm not looking forward to all the paperwork that has to be done, but I think I am prepared for it. I think the next few months are going to be a bit nerve wracking! I want him to be here permanently by September (he has to come in Sept for my Uncle's wedding,) but I am going through the ba scenarios in my head at times, like the application being delayed or possibly denied.

Thanks for the advice USofSam. I will be sure to keep updates on how everything goes.

Comment

Working...
      X