Decisions on location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Decisions on location

My SO and I have been dating for 3 years and 8 months at this point, the entire time long distance. About 2 years ago, we decided because he was happy with his city and job that I would move to him. However, despite my best attempts securing a job where he is isn't working out. I have a pretty good job where I am and want to make sure I don't take a step back in my career or can't support myself. The SO is scared to commit to an engagement or talk about marriage unless we have a "traditional" relationship. I know it's probably alot different to be around each other all the time, but after almost 4 years I don't know what the hesitation is. I guess it's my fault, but we never talked about a plan b if me moving to him dint work logistically. It seems that he's not willing to move out of his current city, even if its to one we agree on. Am I crazy to think that we can still work it out? I feel that I'm the one putting in the work to fit into his already established life and I'm not getting things I want in return (commitment and a little compromise). Should I move on an accept that we're not meant for each other or keep fighting for us?

Have that conversation about the plan b.
    Since you started the plan was to move to him, so I think he might have his mind set to it. Be honest that things have changed and plan a is not going to work, figure out the plan b.
    There is always someone that has to compromise unfortunatly..

Comment

Working...
    X